hello all!

Adele

I don't sing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone assist with me getting a mesh cover for my tank? The stock lighting is getting way too hot and the tank was at 80 degrees yesterday. My plan is to get a customer mesh cover and use the AI HD Prime lights to go with it. Thanks
I bought the mesh at BRS and then a screen window kit at Home Depot. It was a snap to assemble and allows plenty of light and air.

Reeferdood

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg

Turbo's Aquatics

Super Duper Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

I'll chime in with my opinion on a few items on your list...keep in mind, just my opinion!!
Hyrdrometer
Difficult to use, even for experienced hobbyists! A refractometer is the way to go. You can get a cheap one for under $30, or a Milwaukee Digital for about $100 (and that one is worth every penny)
Clove Polyps
My wife loves the purple color, but many consider this invasive. They will spread everywhere, just a heads up!
Fluval Gravelvac
If you come from freshwater, you'll be used to vacuuming gravel. I personally do not touch mine, ever. Some do, but only vacuum about 1/4 of the bed every couple weeks or month, if that. The substrate in reef aquariums can, over time, develop a whole world of biology, so I just leave it be. Sometimes disturbing it can actually cause issues.

OP
OP
saltlife26

saltlife26

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

I'll chime in with my opinion on a few items on your list...keep in mind, just my opinion!!

Difficult to use, even for experienced hobbyists! A refractometer is the way to go. You can get a cheap one for under $30, or a Milwaukee Digital for about $100 (and that one is worth every penny)

My wife loves the purple color, but many consider this invasive. They will spread everywhere, just a heads up!

If you come from freshwater, you'll be used to vacuuming gravel. I personally do not touch mine, ever. Some do, but only vacuum about 1/4 of the bed every couple weeks or month, if that. The substrate in reef aquariums can, over time, develop a whole world of biology, so I just leave it be. Sometimes disturbing it can actually cause issues.

10-4. Thanks

Zeal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get some Seachem Stability, great to use during the first week. I even use 5ml after a waterchange.

Also a RO/DI and TDS meter should be your next purchase. Being able to do your own waterchanges at home with your own salt will encourage you to do them more often.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 29.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 35.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 27.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.5%
Back