Hello all!

CavalierReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My name is Barry (Cavalier Reef) and am new to the site/Reef2Reef community. I am moving from Texas to Crozet, Virginia next Spring and am looking forward to setting up a 32 gallon Biocube. My final aquarium (I think). I am a retired Air Force veteran followed by many more work years and am now retired-retired. I had my first salt water aquarium in 1974 while stationed on Guam. I built my own aquarium (does anyone remember under gravel filters?), collected my own fish, natural sea water, etc and learned on the fly (with my apologies to that beautiful yellow spotted boxfish). Fast forward to now after several saltwater aquariums over the years (never reef) although I was a disciple/admirer of Anthony Calfo, Eric Borneman, Julian Sprung and Robert Fenner. This is my final resting place (I'm 76) and I want to add the beauty of the sea to my room/home. My son will care for the aquarium when I'm no longer able (when I'm 96?) so I'm not putting livestock/organisms at risk without a long term plan. Looking forward to the adventure, the challenge and advice from like minded keepers of the sea on this site.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!
giphy (1).gif

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guam must have been a nice place to start your first reef with.
Thanks for your service and enjoy your retirement. I think the fish and corals I have that will outlive me will have enjoyed my company and admiration while I'm still here with them. I am certain any livestock you select for your tank will enjoy the same kind of relationship in your tank with you.

My sons don't help me with the tank much so I think you will be good to go.
Welcome to Reef2Reef Barry!

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My name is Barry (Cavalier Reef) and am new to the site/Reef2Reef community. I am moving from Texas to Crozet, Virginia next Spring and am looking forward to setting up a 32 gallon Biocube. My final aquarium (I think). I am a retired Air Force veteran followed by many more work years and am now retired-retired. I had my first salt water aquarium in 1974 while stationed on Guam. I built my own aquarium (does anyone remember under gravel filters?), collected my own fish, natural sea water, etc and learned on the fly (with my apologies to that beautiful yellow spotted boxfish). Fast forward to now after several saltwater aquariums over the years (never reef) although I was a disciple/admirer of Anthony Calfo, Eric Borneman, Julian Sprung and Robert Fenner. This is my final resting place (I'm 76) and I want to add the beauty of the sea to my room/home. My son will care for the aquarium when I'm no longer able (when I'm 96?) so I'm not putting livestock/organisms at risk without a long term plan. Looking forward to the adventure, the challenge and advice from like minded keepers of the sea on this site.
Welcome, comrade

1 of 32 carnation corals, dendronephthya sp. 15 frags

Screenshot_2019-10-05-13-28-19-1.png

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 99 75.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back