Hello, and HELP!! :)

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I would place it on back wall about 2-3” from surface pointed down a little so it bounces off front glass giving you 360 water movement

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Welcome to the R2R community and family

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/this-little-pigg
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome aboard

ZomboMeme 27102020101651.jpg

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If I set it up on the back wall, my mushrooms seem to close up so I guess it's too powerful for them. Do you think they will move to another spot where there is less flow, or will I end up killing them?? Thanks all :)
if flow is too stong,try placing a small piece of rock to divert flow some ;) :)

takitaj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Nice tank!

Idunno, flow looked pretty good where it was in the video. *The video will play eventually, opens in new window. Hit play and wait a minute or so.

Flow in a tank is a very individual thing. It depends on shape, aquascape, etc.. You'll have to keep moving it around to find the perfect spot. Maybe get a second less powerful one and put it on the other side aimed similarly.

Multiple power heads help to randomize the flow better than one single one does. Let it run for a bit each time you move it as it takes a some time to settle in to the final pattern.

Mushrooms don't really like high flow but they will adjust and open back up if it's not excessive.

OP
OP
F

Fish_Fingers91

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Nice tank!

Idunno, flow looked pretty good where it was in the video. *The video will play eventually, opens in new window. Hit play and wait a minute or so.

Flow in a tank is a very individual thing. It depends on shape, aquascape, etc.. You'll have to keep moving it around to find the perfect spot. Maybe get a second less powerful one and put it on the other side aimed similarly.

Multiple power heads help to randomize the flow better than one single one does. Let it run for a bit each time you move it as it takes a some time to settle in to the final pattern.

Mushrooms don't really like high flow but they will adjust and open back up if it's not excessive.

Thanks for the advice Takitaj, I've just ordered another one, same brand but slightly less powerful for the other side. :)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 21.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back