and merry Christmas

6C016926-4F26-48F8-B394-8740E89BD8A5.jpeg

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I'm Byron. Besides being new to R2R I'm also new to reef tanks. I have some freshwater experience but I'm more interested in going marine! I have yet to start my first build but after lurking in this forum for a long time and gathering/preparing some materials I'll be starting by first build here in a few months. Figured it was time to become R2R official.

My plan is to fill a Waterbox Marine X 60.2 with a good mix of resilient corals and utilitarian fish while taking it slow and learning the ropes! Any general beginner tips or bits of advice, especially tank specific, would be appreciated!

I'm looking forward to posting a build thread when the time comes.

Best,

Hi Byron and Welcome! Glad you joined.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID). No time is too early - you could even take your above Waterbox and planned stocking to start new thread in Forum > Member Aquariums.

This might help you find people local to you in Omaha:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 24 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.7%
Back