Hello and Nice to Meet You

Byrongw

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I'm Byron. Besides being new to R2R I'm also new to reef tanks. I have some freshwater experience but I'm more interested in going marine! I have yet to start my first build but after lurking in this forum for a long time and gathering/preparing some materials I'll be starting by first build here in a few months. Figured it was time to become R2R official.

My plan is to fill a Waterbox Marine X 60.2 with a good mix of resilient corals and utilitarian fish while taking it slow and learning the ropes! Any general beginner tips or bits of advice, especially tank specific, would be appreciated!

I'm looking forward to posting a build thread when the time comes.

Best,

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dark side.jpg

Welcome to the salty side of life. Best advice I can give is to do as much research as possible. Your research will likely produce more questions than answers. That's where R2R comes in. We've got more accumulated experience than you can imagine and the biggest brains in the hobby. We're all here for each other.

cww81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to reef2reef Byron! My best advice is to take everything you do slowly in this hobby. I learned a ton from BRStv, reef dork, Danny’s aquariums, and reefbum on YouTube. Also YouTuber telegraham does a ton of testing on different budget vs expensive equipment that you may find useful as well! Happy holidays!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back