Hello everyone

human

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought I'd introduce myself, I've been stalking the forums for a few weeks now. I'm not new to reef keeping, had a 75 gallon for 15 yrs until I had to tear it down when I moved. Set it up again and everything was running smoothly for 8 months until it decided to break while I was away for 10 days, that's what I get for using a tank that's 25yrs old, lesson learned. Now I have a reason to upgrade, I'm planning a minimum of 150. I'd like to keep a miniatus grouper, an antennata lionfish, and a magificent foxface. Any advice will be appreciated.

KJ

Lone Wolf
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R.

OP
OP
human

human

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you asking for like what kind of tank you should get?
Minimum size tank to help give me an idea, I was thinking 5'×2'×2', but not sure if that's big enough for a full grown miniatus. Other possible inhabitants that won't get eaten and aren't too aggressive.

luxauterna

A softy who loves softies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! I know the feeling of having a tank break . Heartbreaking. BUT it brings on a what sounds like an awesome new tank. I have seen a lot of tanks 5-8 ft long housing miniatus. I would assume bigger is better!

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 25 32.5%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 11 14.3%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 20 26.0%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 20 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back