hello everyone.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R, Daniel. Happy to have you here and it's pretty cool that you do custom acrylic work too. Looking forward to seeing your tank build thread soon.

tenor.gif

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Awesome to have you aboard and especially someone knowledgeable with acrylic and perhaps tips on scratch removal, leaks ????

59141c5d5ecf41d911e1fe9ff2a96141--glitter-gif-animated-gif.jpg

OP
OP
daniel proudfoot

daniel proudfoot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome to have you aboard and especially someone knowledgeable with acrylic and perhaps tips on scratch removal, leaks ????

59141c5d5ecf41d911e1fe9ff2a96141--glitter-gif-animated-gif.jpg

if the scratches aren't too deep, you can do a 5 stage wet sanding to it. Then finish off by buffing with novus 2.

As for leaks, that depends of the leak. You can drain the tank and see if solvent glue can seep into the leaking area and go over it a couple times to give the area time to eat away before it's able to evaporate. Perhaps go over that with some weld-on 16 for added barrier. I recommend mc bond by polysciences, I don't like weld_on solvents. weld-on 16 can be messy so cover areas you don't want to get strings of glue on like other walls. weld-on 40 is good, it is a 2 part mix and our tank department uses it when bonding sheets together or dealing with heavy gauge acrylic.

Salty Lemon

Doing my best to make waves.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if the scratches aren't too deep, you can do a 5 stage wet sanding to it. Then finish off by buffing with novus 2.

As for leaks, that depends of the leak. You can drain the tank and see if solvent glue can seep into the leaking area and go over it a couple times to give the area time to eat away before it's able to evaporate. Perhaps go over that with some weld-on 16 for added barrier. I recommend mc bond by polysciences, I don't like weld_on solvents. weld-on 16 can be messy so cover areas you don't want to get strings of glue on like other walls. weld-on 40 is good, it is a 2 part mix and our tank department uses it when bonding sheets together or dealing with heavy gauge acrylic.
Ooh! I see an article in the works! :)

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back