Hello Evevryone.....

Kev The Fish Keeper

Kev New Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, my name is Kevin. Im new to R2R, and new to the hobby period. With everything going on I've been home more. I started with a 20 gallon freshwater tank about a month and a half ago. My kids quickly took over that tank. So I decided to upgrade. I did some research and still researching by the way, and decided to jump into the reefing side. I wanted something bigger then the 20 gallon. I was thinking 55, but I came across a 72 gallon reef ready tank with stand for $50.00 so I had to get it. Im leak testing now praying it doesnt leak. The biggest challenge for me is putting the sump together. I've been all over Youtube trying to get help. Ive come across a few helpful videos. Thats one reason I joined the group. Looking forward to input from the group. The tank is currently full its been full for 3 days no leaks. I figured I give it a week before I drain it and clean it.
20200516_180227_HDR.jpg

Arthacker87

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed do a build thread. Bow fronts are neat tanks. Remember with reefing patience is key. If you don't know research and ask questions. Don't add fish right away let it cycle and don't add coral right away let the bio load build up. Its a great hobby and a bunch of fun watching stuff grown and what not also you start to feel like this about rocks
WildHonestIguanodon-small.gif

OP
OP
K

Kev The Fish Keeper

Kev New Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!! Dude, you need to start a build thread like right now!!! I’d love to watch your buildout on that!
Thanks for the welcome. I will, as soon as Im sure that the integrity of the tank is all good. Im sure Im going to need some help....lol

OP
OP
K

Kev The Fish Keeper

Kev New Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed do a build thread. Bow fronts are neat tanks. Remember with reefing patience is key. If you don't know research and ask questions. Don't add fish right away let it cycle and don't add coral right away let the bio load build up. Its a great hobby and a bunch of fun watching stuff grown and what not also you start to feel like this about rocks
WildHonestIguanodon-small.gif
Yes I have learned patience is key.... Thanks for the advice.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, my name is Kevin. Im new to R2R, and new to the hobby period. With everything going on I've been home more. I started with a 20 gallon freshwater tank about a month and a half ago. My kids quickly took over that tank. So I decided to upgrade. I did some research and still researching by the way, and decided to jump into the reefing side. I wanted something bigger then the 20 gallon. I was thinking 55, but I came across a 72 gallon reef ready tank with stand for $50.00 so I had to get it. Im leak testing now praying it doesnt leak. The biggest challenge for me is putting the sump together. I've been all over Youtube trying to get help. Ive come across a few helpful videos. Thats one reason I joined the group. Looking forward to input from the group. The tank is currently full its been full for 3 days no leaks. I figured I give it a week before I drain it and clean it.
Welcome to the hobby and the community!

OP
OP
K

Kev The Fish Keeper

Kev New Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'd be surprised how many ppl say "fish/corals are dying why and its because tanks are new. Might be dumb advice but its the best
That was a sincere thank you, not a sarcastic one. I dont expect to put anything in the tank for a least a month or two if not longer depends on how fast it cycle.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back