Hello fellow fish people

northstarsentinel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, my name is Daniela and I've been lurking for a while and wanted to say hi. I'm in Arizona and just got into reefing. I've had fresh water tanks before, and wanted to try my hand at creating a salt water ecosystem. I have been enjoying learning about the ecology / biology / chemistry involved in a reef as well as seeing the diversity in the organisms that live there.

I've got a 20 gallon fresh water tank inside with some mollies and guppies, and a 500 gallon pond outside with goldfish. I'm currently in the process of setting up my 125 gallon reef tank, and hopefully sometime this week I'll finally be able to get water in it.

I'm currently studying to become a botanist, so if you ever want plant facts just hit me up.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, my name is Daniela and I've been lurking for a while and wanted to say hi. I'm in Arizona and just got into reefing. I've had fresh water tanks before, and wanted to try my hand at creating a salt water ecosystem. I have been enjoying learning about the ecology / biology / chemistry involved in a reef as well as seeing the diversity in the organisms that live there.

I've got a 20 gallon fresh water tank inside with some mollies and guppies, and a 500 gallon pond outside with goldfish. I'm currently in the process of setting up my 125 gallon reef tank, and hopefully sometime this week I'll finally be able to get water in it.

I'm currently studying to become a botanist, so if you ever want plant facts just hit me up.
Hi Daniela welcome to r2r
Sounds like you have a few very nice setups already and I’m sure reefing will go just as well .
Would love to see the 500 gal pond … if I lived somewhere warmer and not Canada . I always thought a large saltwater outside pond would be nice .

Feel free to ask for advice as you progress

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 108 75.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.4%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%

Back