I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!
welcome12_af875eaa887ed91c39e4c81c7d4fd966-0ed06ab93ea565647147c6beddbca4eb.gif
giphy.gif

[HASHTAG]<a href="https://www.reef2reef.com/hashtags/WelcometoR2R/" class="hashtag OverlayTrigger">#WelcometoR2R</a>[/HASHTAG]

NewbieReefer11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welcome. I am always amazed what you can get and cant get in Australia.
Totally agree down here we can get some incredible coral but nothing like in other country's. I do understand why thought.
If you didnt already know we can only get a few thing imported to help stop spreading pests from country to country

OP
OP
C

Coridella Starbough

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought my Cone snail shells from gift shops and market stalls. Three belong to worm-eating species (Imperial cone, Leopard cone & Vexillum cone), two belong to species that feed of other molluscs (Marbled cone & Cloth of Gold cone) and I also have two that belong to fish-eating species (Geography cone & Striated cone). I'd hoped that during my trip to New Caledonia I'd get the opportunity to see a live Cone snail while out snorkelling, but unfortunately didn't see any. Apparently, the most dangerous to humans are the fish-eating & mollusc-eating species.

mike werner

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I'm Coridella Starbough from southern Australia! Whilst I'm not a home-aquarium owner, I do have a small collection of Cone snail shells.
welcome and love your name.it's just a small leap to get to a reef tank.if ya do we are ALL here to assist you.besides you won't have to travel far to get livestock.

OP
OP
C

Coridella Starbough

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saw two Sea snakes during my New Caledonia holiday, though I'm not entirely sure what species it was. I've had a look a photos and I'm thinking they were either Belcher's Sea snakes or Yellow-lipped Sea Kraits.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back