Hello from BC

Clintaceous_D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello from Canada R2R, I just joined the forum today in hopes of learning about how to start up a reef tank! I'm interested in all there is to learn about growing corals, specifically lighting, monitoring and maintaining nutrient and mineral levels for all kinds of corals. I've been watching lots of Youtube lately, so I know somethings regarding their care and lingo. I also have lots to learn about fish, aggression, disease and pests, and feeding. Its a whole new ball game, but I have a good handle on freshwater so thought I would try something new!

I'm hoping to get one started in a couple months. I took a new job that pays more and I am doing what I want, and once my probation is over I'll start the process! Right now I have a 37 gallon planted freshwater tank that I plan on upgrading to a Waterbox 3620. Being that this is my first venture into saltwater I am thinking of turning that 37 gallon into my saltwater tank, or at the very least a quarantine tank. As much as I'd like to purchase a 90 gallon to start, I want to see if I can handle the upkeep first so I plan on starting with a nano reef with used supplies if I can to save money.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curved R2R Welcome 3-31-23 2.0.png

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello from Canada R2R, I just joined the forum today in hopes of learning about how to start up a reef tank! I'm interested in all there is to learn about growing corals, specifically lighting, monitoring and maintaining nutrient and mineral levels for all kinds of corals. I've been watching lots of Youtube lately, so I know somethings regarding their care and lingo. I also have lots to learn about fish, aggression, disease and pests, and feeding. Its a whole new ball game, but I have a good handle on freshwater so thought I would try something new!

I'm hoping to get one started in a couple months. I took a new job that pays more and I am doing what I want, and once my probation is over I'll start the process! Right now I have a 37 gallon planted freshwater tank that I plan on upgrading to a Waterbox 3620. Being that this is my first venture into saltwater I am thinking of turning that 37 gallon into my saltwater tank, or at the very least a quarantine tank. As much as I'd like to purchase a 90 gallon to start, I want to see if I can handle the upkeep first so I plan on starting with a nano reef with used supplies if I can to save money.
Hi and welcome fellow Canadian .

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 26 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back