OP
OP
C

Clintaceous_D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, thanks for the welcome! I don't think I've had that kind of greeting from any forum I'm or have been a part of! Glad to be aboard!

Welcome to the reef!
I'm huge on keeping my green ($$$)
There are so many ways the corp will part us from the$$ these forums and the people in them in addition to google have helped me on my minimalist quest...
Happy journey :)

That's what I like to hear! Don't get me wrong, quality and automation of a system cost money and can be worth it sometimes, but to just get started its good to hear you all can keep my wallet fat!

I'll be quiet and just be learning and creeping around here for the next few months, but hopefully soon I can start posting questions about what I want to do and get some advice.

Is there any particular thread or threads you think any beginner NEEDS to read?

Fungusamongus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the hitchhiker and critter ID forum.
I also like the DIY forum.
Really i read all the time. Tons of information. Search for anything in particular that interests you, it probably already exists here.

threebuoys

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TANG-WELCOME.gif

Spicy Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, thanks for the welcome! I don't think I've had that kind of greeting from any forum I'm or have been a part of! Glad to be aboard!

That's what I like to hear! Don't get me wrong, quality and automation of a system cost money and can be worth it sometimes, but to just get started its good to hear you all can keep my wallet fat!

I'll be quiet and just be learning and creeping around here for the next few months, but hopefully soon I can start posting questions about what I want to do and get some advice.

Is there any particular thread or threads you think any beginner NEEDS to read?
I wish there was one thread in particular, but the search feature and the DIY category under forums is pretty good.
Also, an even better search engine is Google, just add reef2reef in the search. I run my tank w/ no sump, no hob, no canister... just water flow, with a hidden sponge filter. IMHO those others are the biggest wallet drains... Lights are another big drain. Plenty of good companies selling quality stuff for low $$ and real cheep if you're a diy'er all depends on what you're trying to accomplish.
Local FB groups, lot's of people always getting out of the hobby or moving are also a great place to get equipment and coral fish etc...
Aquarium stores/companies all see newbies as their 2k ticket, that's the average people will spend when they start saltwater, 1k for freshwater...
just one man's opinion - so grain of salt :)
I love the people here, very helpful, cruise the Build threads and ask away.

tharbin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! I feel that starting with already-owned or used equipment is a good way to start. As time progresses you'll better know what upgrades fit YOUR approach to reefing as every reefer is different, has different time available, different resources available, different tastes and different interests. You can spend a lot of money in this hobby with very little to show for it very easily; or you can spend very little and have spectacular results. Investing heavily upfront does not make sense to me. It relies too much on other peoples desires, motivations and results. Yours will vary. Good luck.

R2R-Welcome3.jpg

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 168 62.2%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 70 25.9%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 93 34.4%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 46 17.0%
  • Other

Votes: 70 25.9%
Back