Hello from Dallas.

Suzan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef keeping was my husband's hobby for the last thirty years. Although I really enjoy its beauty, I was only involved peripherally in its care... basically cleaning algae and aiptasia off of the rocks when necessary. Sadly, he passed away at the beginning of March. My first thought was to sell the aquarium, but when I saw how little money sellers were getting for their setups, I just couldn't do it, knowing how much he had invested. So after months of neglect and specimen loss I decided to dive in. I've been doing lots of reading online and figuring things out, but I am here to learn more. I have spent hours upon hours cleaning, rearranging, and have recently added a few things. I'm pretty proud of the way it looks today.

20210907_172101.jpg

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef keeping was my husband's hobby for the last thirty years. Although I really enjoy its beauty, I was only involved peripherally in its care... basically cleaning algae and aiptasia off of the rocks when necessary. Sadly, he passed away at the beginning of March. My first thought was to sell the aquarium, but when I saw how little money sellers were getting for their setups, I just couldn't do it, knowing how much he had invested. So after months of neglect and specimen loss I decided to dive in. I've been doing lots of reading online and figuring things out, but I am here to learn more. I have spent hours upon hours cleaning, rearranging, and have recently added a few things. I'm pretty proud of the way it looks today.

20210907_172101.jpg
Welcome Susan,
The tank looks great.
How long has it been running?

OP
OP
Suzan

Suzan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome Susan,
The tank looks great.
How long has it been running?
Thank you. This particular tank has been running for about two years. My husband was easily bored and moved up and down in tank size every few years. He started with one bubble anemone about twelve years ago and it has consistently and repeatedly cloned itself. They have been traded in many times over the years. I traded in two last week and shipped one to my SIL in FL this morning, leaving me with five. No way of knowing if I still have the original, but doubtful, lol.

RC51

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

20210907_172101.jpg
Welcome!!!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 35 34.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 28 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back