Hello from Dallas.

srcleary

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Suzan, very sorry for your loss, and welcome to the forum.

Congrats on picking up his passion. It is not an easy task but looks like you are doing a great job. My office is in Richardson and I have three tanks there and building a fourth. My wife doesn't want them at home. LOL

I suspect you have a good source for supplies and such. I frequently work with Dallas North. One of the owners is named John and he always treats me well. And I recently discovered School of Fish in Desoto and it is now my go to place for fish. They also condition the fish and theirs were the healthiest looking I have ever seen in a LFS.

Anyway just passing on the info if it helps at all.

Good luck on your new adventure.

Steve

Ryan3313

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tenor.gif

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
OP
OP
Suzan

Suzan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Suzan, very sorry for your loss, and welcome to the forum.

Congrats on picking up his passion. It is not an easy task but looks like you are doing a great job. My office is in Richardson and I have three tanks there and building a fourth. My wife doesn't want them at home. LOL

I suspect you have a good source for supplies and such. I frequently work with Dallas North. One of the owners is named John and he always treats me well. And I recently discovered School of Fish in Desoto and it is now my go to place for fish. They also condition the fish and theirs were the healthiest looking I have ever seen in a LFS.

Anyway just passing on the info if it helps at all.

Good luck on your new adventure.

Steve
Thanks, Steve! I would love to see your tanks.

Dallas North is a nice store with beautiful tanks and livestock. We have traded in frags and anemones there for years. My conversation with one of their managers back in March was what prompted me to take on this hobby. I was told that since the start of Covid, customers no longer interested in the hobby, or able to afford it, have been giving them their tanks for free if they would just come pick them up. My tank and the hydra lighting was purchased new from them, so they were able to refer to our account in their system. They offered me ten cents on the dollar. That was a big nope.

Thanks for the tip about School of Fish. I will definitely check them out. There's a small shop in Irving I like, Saltwater Paradise on 183 & MacArthur. It's a small family operation. They are super friendly, helpful, and carry some nice corals.

Jtleland

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef keeping was my husband's hobby for the last thirty years. Although I really enjoy its beauty, I was only involved peripherally in its care... basically cleaning algae and aiptasia off of the rocks when necessary. Sadly, he passed away at the beginning of March. My first thought was to sell the aquarium, but when I saw how little money sellers were getting for their setups, I just couldn't do it, knowing how much he had invested. So after months of neglect and specimen loss I decided to dive in. I've been doing lots of reading online and figuring things out, but I am here to learn more. I have spent hours upon hours cleaning, rearranging, and have recently added a few things. I'm pretty proud of the way it looks today.

20210907_172101.jpg
So sorry for your loss ,but happy that you'll continue in the hobby.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 27 30.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 21 23.6%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 24.7%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 21.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back