Hello from far north

Mangimi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, my name is Mangimi and I just finished my registration here after reading for a while. I currently run a waterbox peninsula 25G with two clowns and a six line wrasse (so far without problems).

I'm somewhat seasoned in the reefing hobby, about 15 years ago I kept another 96l reef tank successfully with a cephalopod (sepia bandensis) in it. Unfortunately, I won't have the time for feeding such little critters anymore and I just want a keep and forget aquarium.

Attached a picture of my current setup. I'm running no filter media, no skimmer, just the return and a jebao MLW-10. As you can kind of see, my AI 16 prime is not sufficient to provide proper coloration with the BRS settings at 30W to give my corals nice colors. I'm also running super low on nutrients, but I'm old school, I'll never dose nitrates, politely put, I think it isn't a great idea.

The tank stood at a different place before, but I want to move to a larger tank soon (waterbox 130.4). Already picked it up last weekend. It came with a lot of nice parts for a good price. All I need to figure out is whether my house is solid enough to support the weight where I want to place it. Which brings me to why I registered here, I need to ask for advice.

IMG_2812.JPG

Last edited:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back