Hello from Los Angeles

RobinV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi!
I had a lovely reef aquarium back in the early 90's and have decided to take up the hobby again. Boy, have things changed. I currently have a Waterbox Cube 20 that's been running for about 4 months. All the parameters are great, just currently dealing with what I thought was a cyano outbreak but now I'm thinking maybe it's dinoflagellates? After many water changes and a blackout and a chemiclean without success, I've now decided to slowly crank the temperature up to 82 to see if that helps. I'll keep up the water changes and testing and using Dr Tim's Waste Away too, and hope.
I'm also moving in a couple of months into a house that needs work first, so I'm thinking of getting a larger tank for the new house -- I think 36" long is my limit, and was eyeing the Waterbox MarineX 90 but they'll sold out. So now considering either the Waterbox Reef 100 or the Red Sea Reefer XL 300 or Reefer 250, but would love to hear some opinions or other options if anyone has any advice?
Thanks!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!! You may want to post pictures in the appropriate forum for an ID.

Clownfish.gif

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

WirelessMike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the reef. If you have a Samsung device you can edit the photos and crank up the whites to 10K and it really helps. Otherwise there are a few apps out there to help filter and edit it. Wish I could advise you on the best app, but I’m cheap and just edit with my Samsung. Lol

ShepherdReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi!
I had a lovely reef aquarium back in the early 90's and have decided to take up the hobby again. Boy, have things changed. I currently have a Waterbox Cube 20 that's been running for about 4 months. All the parameters are great, just currently dealing with what I thought was a cyano outbreak but now I'm thinking maybe it's dinoflagellates? After many water changes and a blackout and a chemiclean without success, I've now decided to slowly crank the temperature up to 82 to see if that helps. I'll keep up the water changes and testing and using Dr Tim's Waste Away too, and hope.
I'm also moving in a couple of months into a house that needs work first, so I'm thinking of getting a larger tank for the new house -- I think 36" long is my limit, and was eyeing the Waterbox MarineX 90 but they'll sold out. So now considering either the Waterbox Reef 100 or the Red Sea Reefer XL 300 or Reefer 250, but would love to hear some opinions or other options if anyone has any advice?
Thanks!
Hello and welcome to the channel.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 42.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 22.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 32 33.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back