Hello from PA!

twotangs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow I had forgot all about that fish place, back when the kids where young we would make a pilgrimage to Lancaster every year and of course I would drag the family on a side trip to visit TFP.. back in the late 80’s early 90’s (pre Internet) I could find all kinds of goodies there that my local fish stores didn’t stock
Sorry to say those glory days at the fish place are now gone. I too would drive there from Shermans Dale PA to get all my supplies and look at all the different hardware on display. It used to be worth the trip, not so much anymore.

OP
OP
Sits Unafraid

Sits Unafraid

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to say those glory days at the fish place are now gone. I too would drive there from Shermans Dale PA to get all my supplies and look at all the different hardware on display. It used to be worth the trip, not so much anymore.

I still like to make the drive periodically. Its really not as though there are many LFS and its nice to be able to go and walk through a shop once in a while, especially since they have more than just fish supplies. I did just pick up the new Apex there. they had had it at the same place as online vendors and I like to buy locally (relative term) when I can. not that I have anything against online vendors.
On a side note, That fish Place has a ton of plumbing supplies such as Bulk Heads, which is inventory I wish more brick and mortar shops maintained

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I lived in Shermans Dale from ‘92-‘97. Worked in Mechanicsburg.

Does Shermans Dale have a red light yet?

OP
OP
Sits Unafraid

Sits Unafraid

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welcome sits, I like the clown goby very cool little fish !

Thanks! Im actually having a little issue with getting him to eat without feeding him via tongs. he's not a big fan of venturing off his rock.
Hes become somewhat dependent on me spot feeding which is causing me trouble with him gaining weight/size.

Mailman17013

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope! I drive to Frederick MD and Malvern, PA for shops. That fish place in Lancaster is OK but not great.
Hey there, I live outside of Newville, PA and saw this post in reference to LFS in Frederick, MD. Which one would that be? Was thinking of taking a drive down there in the near future.

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Im actually having a little issue with getting him to eat without feeding him via tongs. he's not a big fan of venturing off his rock.
Hes become somewhat dependent on me spot feeding which is causing me trouble with him gaining weight/size.

They do like perching, but I would think your clown goby should be going after food. Not sure what your aquascape looks like, but you mention rock. Branching rocks and/or fake corals and/or dead corals (mine are 50+ years old from before people thought of reef conservation) might give your goby some security.

Just do a google search on fake coral bendable and/or whatever search words best suit something that might give your clown goby more confidence to venture out. Here is a photo of my tank currently (with mine - look far left on the glass, in front of the magnet):
IMG_2074.JPG

Sometimes have peaceful small other fish can help your fish feel comfortable going for food on its own. Mine seems partial to thawed mysis and live pods, but I offer variety (but not sure clown goby partakes... now I'll have to watch mine more LOL)

Fishy888

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Although quite late, hi and welcome to R2R! I’m originally from Philadelphia but live in Illinois now. I wonder how That Fish Place is now. I used to be able to buy from them online but they don’t ship anymore.

Huey_Gnr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello friends, Its been a little while since i've been on a forum so a little about me. I got into Salt water in 2007 and tried my first corals in 2009. I've bounced around from tank to tank since then as life has gotten in the way and forced me to give up tanks periodically. currently just have a nano cube with rock and wee little clown goby to keep me company. "Sir Reginald Arbuckle chesterfield the III"
IMG_5760.jpg
Welcome! I was born in raised in South Central PA.... York County to be exact.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back