Hello from Seattle

matthias_bln

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 24, 2019
Messages
101
Reaction score
149
Location
Seattle, WA
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Reef2Reefers!

My name is Matthias. While originally from Germany, I'm living on the west coast since about a decade and I don't see that change anytime soon.

Growing up, we had lots of freshwater fish, but we never dabbled with saltwater. When my daughter got a freshwater tank this year, I started redoing large parts of it to make it work for me as a thing to stare at daily ;-) .. However, my wife one day simply said that I "should get my own tank and not ruin my daughter's tank", so here I am. She should have known better what this means! :p

I spent the better part of the last months researching, but am now finally getting serious. Looking forward to discovering all the magical things I will do terribly wrong and then sharing them here for your amusement (and maybe even for some help!) :D

I started my build thread over here

Thanks!
Matthias
 
Welcome to R2R Matthias
 
Welcome to R2R!!!

Clownfish.gif
 
Welcome to R2R Matthias... Excited about your new build... Guess you showed her... Got The BIG BOY.. Lucky You I have the 525... Can't wait for your updates and to watch this project come together... Ask Lots of questions.. Tons of Wicked Smart People in here that LOVE to help out....:)
 
Welcome to R2R. Fellow Seattleits from the north end here. No local clubs in Seattle but we have a fb group that’s decent if you can stand the fb interface. There are a few cool local reefers that are active and knowledgeable but it does turn into a social media swamp occasionally.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new