Hello from Seattle

matthias_bln

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Reef2Reefers!

My name is Matthias. While originally from Germany, I'm living on the west coast since about a decade and I don't see that change anytime soon.

Growing up, we had lots of freshwater fish, but we never dabbled with saltwater. When my daughter got a freshwater tank this year, I started redoing large parts of it to make it work for me as a thing to stare at daily ;-) .. However, my wife one day simply said that I "should get my own tank and not ruin my daughter's tank", so here I am. She should have known better what this means! :p

I spent the better part of the last months researching, but am now finally getting serious. Looking forward to discovering all the magical things I will do terribly wrong and then sharing them here for your amusement (and maybe even for some help!) :D

I started my build thread over here

Thanks!
Matthias

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!!

Clownfish.gif

CasaReefer

Promoted To Sponge
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R Matthias... Excited about your new build... Guess you showed her... Got The BIG BOY.. Lucky You I have the 525... Can't wait for your updates and to watch this project come together... Ask Lots of questions.. Tons of Wicked Smart People in here that LOVE to help out....:)

hotdrop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R. Fellow Seattleits from the north end here. No local clubs in Seattle but we have a fb group that’s decent if you can stand the fb interface. There are a few cool local reefers that are active and knowledgeable but it does turn into a social media swamp occasionally.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 141 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back