Hello from the Hudson Valley area

Duke4Life

Just a crazy eel guy, LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow thank you. First person to talk me out of a snowflake . I like a tesla but not in the budget at the moment..lol so my main thing is redoing the sump i got for free and figuring out how to filter this bad boy. The reason for the two tanks is so I can dissplay my favorites but the wife said there must be a dogface. so that is all I have so far as stocking. I plan on getting everything small so i hope for no issues. any other fish i can toss in there. I'm waiting to place a order for more rock cause few places i went did not have what i wanted. http://s153.photobucket.com/user/bouoy/library/Aquarium stuff
Never want to talk someone out but every fish has a risk reward factor. I do have a solution since you have 2 tanks, I'd: a) try and talk her out of the puffer by showing her some fairy, flasher, and leopard wrasses; b) get a golden dwarf moray much smaller in size but just as cool as their bigger relatives.

OP
OP
Gary G

Gary G

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish I could talk her out of the puffer that was the key to unlocking the wallet..lol she wants a dog face i know the 75 is a little small but she knows I am going to build a 250 gallon later one. I fell in love with a ray, but nope. lol the hardest thing I had to talk her out of was seahorses. Question:
Can I put a ribbon with the puffer in the larger tank and a snowflake with a dwarf lion in the 56. trust me I am not going to be that guy or not take advice but that was the only fish she ever liked. just trying to a plan so we both can win . sorry for my typos text to speech. and my mind is faster then ican type..

KJ

Lone Wolf
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R;)

Duke4Life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish I could talk her out of the puffer that was the key to unlocking the wallet..lol she wants a dog face i know the 75 is a little small but she knows I am going to build a 250 gallon later one. I fell in love with a ray, but nope. lol the hardest thing I had to talk her out of was seahorses. Question:
Can I put a ribbon with the puffer in the larger tank and a snowflake with a dwarf lion in the 56. trust me I am not going to be that guy or not take advice but that was the only fish she ever liked. just trying to a plan so we both can win . sorry for my typos text to speech. and my mind is faster then ican type..
My only concern is that puffers like to "sometimes" nip. I've seen many puffers and eels together though. The lion and snowflake would work in the 56 as I know of many that have snowflakes in a 40g.

Gpettit721

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With all these people from the area I'm thinking a small frag swap in the future?

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome home, you will love it here! :)

Duke4Life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I checked in with a good friend of mine regarding the eel and puffer and his response was "horrible idea, just a matter of time before the head or tail gets chomped off".

OP
OP
Gary G

Gary G

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went into a local place to me. they had them togeather so, I figure it has to do with the size and the when they were put in the tank..
Side question has anyone done an artificial reef in their tank? I was messing around with some base rock and it just looks so drab.

OP
OP
Gary G

Gary G

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry Fake Corals? Can someone point me to a good skimmer? about 175 gallons use?

Gpettit721

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just put a deltec on my tank and it's night and day difference from my skimz. Fake coral as in the stuff you see on the show tanked. They do it a lot.

OP
OP
Gary G

Gary G

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah something like that just a splash of color other then the fish. not even alot you know just break up lines and such..

OP
OP
Gary G

Gary G

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I found a few places overseas that sells them pretty cheap. I'm still trying to figure out what size pump i should get to go in the sump..

OP
OP
Gary G

Gary G

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you sure? That is nice of you. Thank you

Gpettit721

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea it's a skimz sm201 do your research and if you want it it's all yours

OP
OP
Gary G

Gary G

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes,
Thank you . That will take a lot of stress off my back. I have been so busy with research that it's mind numbing..lol If you need or want anything let me know

OP
OP
Gary G

Gary G

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That will make a great Birthdaygift. since mine is on the 18th..

Gravityreefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Gary am from the Hudson Valley myself and just started my tank about 3 weeks now. Welcome and you will learn alot here from R2R these guys are awsome..and will be happy to help u.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.2%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 29 16.7%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back