13   0   0
Welcome to the R2R community !!

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So... funny you have all these questions.... I have SOME answers! I started a YouTube channel and now have almost 10 videos out, doing weekly uploads and I really have enjoyed it! Come by and check it out!

As for tank... I would HIGHLY recommend the 25 nuvo lagoon by @Innovative Marine ! Let me know what you think and maybe you will sub to the channel (ALMOST AT 200 subs?!?!?)

Other videos on my channel that could be helpful when diving into saltwater. Enjoy!

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef! I vote for the 13.5 but I’ll admit I’m a little bias. I do love the peninsula look, it leaves space to the upgrade equipment (you’ll want to do this eventually). You’ll also want to keep in mind that it’s a small water column so once you start adding live stock it’ll be a small challenge to keep your parameters in line early on, we had to test our parameters constantly and change water weekly until the tank was fully established. It was a fantastic way to learn the hobby! We’ve since upgrade but that tank holds a special place for me, it’s still used as our QT tank today. Happy to help with any questions you might have, DM me if you do. Welcome!

2C175879-5482-4821-8A70-2F23FAB30492.jpeg

OP
OP
saltcats

saltcats

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey! Thanks everyone for such a warm welcome :D

I appreciate your thoughts! I think I am leaning towards the IM since it's such a nice looking tank, even if I will have to buy a light for it right off the bat ^^

I plan to stock pretty light (I would love a pistol shrimp/goby pair with either a yasha or tangaroa goby) since I know the tank is not very big. Hoping to get my rocks today so I can start cycling them in a bucket!

OP
OP
saltcats

saltcats

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

ShepherdReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been avidly reading for a while and finally made the leap to register! I'm hoping to set up my first saltwater tank very very soon!

I've kept freshwater for about 11 years, but this'll be my first foray into the salty side of the hobby. I blame the corals, personally...

That said, if you were going for a nano AIO, would you pick the IM 14 peninsula or the fluval evo 13.5? If I get an AIO I don't want to have to upgrade the stock pumps (I plan to have soft corals and maybe some LPS if things go okay).

Thanks in advance and I'm excited to be here!

Hello and welcome to the R2R channel.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back