HELLO! I have over a decade of reefing experience but I am new to R2R!

J. Dowdy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My name is Jeremy, I am from San Clemente, CA and after my tour in the Marine Corps, I now reside with my wife and kids in Palm Beach, FL. Even after about 12 years in the hobby, I still have questions from time to time and love hearing everyone else's tips and tricks! I am currently in the process of cycling a new 20-gallon nano fusion from Innovative Marine and am torn on choosing what light I am going to go with! I plan on having an LPS dominant system so I am leaning towards a budget-friendly AI Prime HD or a Kessil360. What do you guys think? I am friendly towards other suggestions for lighting as well, as long as they are quality. Thanks in advance!

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Jeremy, Welcome to R2R and thank you for serving !!:)

I like the Prime for more control over the spectrum. Both are good lights

Last edited:

Oscaror

Back In It
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My name is Jeremy, I am from San Clemente, CA and after my tour in the Marine Corps, I now reside with my wife and kids in Palm Beach, FL. Even after about 12 years in the hobby, I still have questions from time to time and love hearing everyone else's tips and tricks! I am currently in the process of cycling a new 20-gallon nano fusion from Innovative Marine and am torn on choosing what light I am going to go with! I plan on having an LPS dominant system so I am leaning towards a budget-friendly AI Prime HD or a Kessil360. What do you guys think? I am friendly towards other suggestions for lighting as well, as long as they are quality. Thanks in advance!
Welcome aboard :)

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!!

FlashingWelcome.gif

We’re glad you’re here!

Alfonso89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!!

I mainly grow softies, but i am using a budget light and I have had good results so far! I have an Aqua Knight A029 and paid about $60. Inappropriate Reefer on YouTube uses this for his LPS dominated nano tank and it seems to work well for him too!!

Salty Lemon

Doing my best to make waves.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! There are fantastic people on this forum who are always willing to help with any questions you might have. When you get the chance, please set up a build thread under "member tanks". We would love to see your tank progress.
Light bulb Welcome.gif

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 51 29.1%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 37 21.1%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 20 11.4%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 60 34.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back