Hello! New to reef tanks!

JeanCG59

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 9, 2025
Messages
70
Reaction score
53
Location
Bradenton
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I’m Jean from Bradenton, Florida. We just bought a biocube 32. It was technically suppose to be beta fish pet for our four year old son but it turned into a reef biocube 32. I’ve joined about a month ago and just doing all kinds of research to help get started. The tank has been cycled now and so far (fingers crossed) doing good. Will definitely be posting questions often as I’ll need all the advice I can get if I can’t find it on the internet.
I’ll post my cube on the build thread!

Jean
 
Last edited:
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 
Welcome, Jean.

I’m new here myself, tank about to turn 4 months old…it’s been a great resource, having everyone here to discuss things with.

Take it with a grain of salt thought, lots of different opinions on dang near everything, but still a lot of fun and SUPER helpful when starting out.
 
Welcome to R2R and the salty world Jean. Take things slowly. Lots of knowledgeable and helpful people here who will support and advise you when needed.
background.png
 
Welcome, Jean.

I’m new here myself, tank about to turn 4 months old…it’s been a great resource, having everyone here to discuss things with.

Take it with a grain of salt thought, lots of different opinions on dang near everything, but still a lot of fun and SUPER helpful when starting out.
I love all the different opinions!! And yes, everyone is super helpful! It’s awesome!
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new