OP
jordimex

jordimex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely want to run RO/DI in your tank my friend
Where would you set it? the problem is that i live in my grandparents apartment and i am not able to do any pipework or anything to set it up on the tank what would you recommend me to do?

Reef_Tank_Fan_SC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It should come with a piece to screw onto your faucet in a bathroom or kitchen sink. So you with limited space could just pull it out and hook it up to a faucet, fill your container with rodi water and then unhook it and store it away for the new week until it was needed again. It doesn't have to be a permanent fixture to be an asset.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also if you have setup your lights, and still have issues. delete the app on everything, clear your cookies on all devices, history, and then reset the lights. Then start with installing the app on the mobile device and reset up the lights.

OP
OP
jordimex

jordimex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need some help here this is the current setup i have but i think i went to vertical any advice?
IMG_6271.JPG
IMG_6274.JPG
IMG_6275.JPG

Reef_Tank_Fan_SC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any brands or a web page where i can see the RODI you are talking about?
Bulk Reef Supply is where I got my RODI from. They have several different sizes to chose from so that you can find the right one. There are other one out there that are good also.. you can just Google RO/DI filter systems and several brands will come up

Reef_Tank_Fan_SC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need some help here this is the current setup i have but i think i went to vertical any advice?
IMG_6271.JPG
IMG_6274.JPG
IMG_6275.JPG
I don't see anything wrong with it my man, if your like me you will keep tweaking with it until you think it's perfect. Lol

20170612_192610.jpg

This was the final product that I settled on a few weeks ago.

20170619_184940.jpg

I added this after Father's Day.. my 10 y/o bought me this for the tank so i put it in there for comic relief. Honestly.. I kinda like it. Hahahaha

OP
OP
jordimex

jordimex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see anything wrong with it my man, if your like me you will keep tweaking with it until you think it's perfect. Lol

20170612_192610.jpg

This was the final product that I settled on a few weeks ago.

20170619_184940.jpg

I added this after Father's Day.. my 10 y/o bought me this for the tank so i put it in there for comic relief. Honestly.. I kinda like it. Hahahaha
i love that addition!!! yeah thats what i been trying to do although cant get it to look as in the first picture was the one i liked the most

Reef_Tank_Fan_SC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One thing that I found made aquascapes easier for me was this. I took several big rocks (a little bigger than a softball) and I broke them into chunks using a hatchet. I then took some of the more odd shaped pieces and glued the little chunks onto the to create ledges and overhangs and tunnels/caves. Once you get a general idea of the direction you want to go kinda sketch it out onto a pc of paper also.. that way you got a visual to look at

Also don't try to do it all at one time. Do a small section and place it in the tank and look at it from different angles and see how you feel about it. If you like it then move forward with it.. if not pull it out and try something else. I worked on my scape for probly a month off and on before I got really happy with it.

OP
OP
jordimex

jordimex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One thing that I found made aquascapes easier for me was this. I took several big rocks (a little bigger than a softball) and I broke them into chunks using a hatchet. I then took some of the more odd shaped pieces and glued the little chunks onto the to create ledges and overhangs and tunnels/caves. Once you get a general idea of the direction you want to go kinda sketch it out onto a pc of paper also.. that way you got a visual to look at

Also don't try to do it all at one time. Do a small section and place it in the tank and look at it from different angles and see how you feel about it. If you like it then move forward with it.. if not pull it out and try something else. I worked on my scape for probly a month off and on before I got really happy with it.
i love the softball idea and build a bigger rock with it!!
yeah i will be working on it till i have it perfect!! although i don't think such thing exists though always room for improvement

Reef_Tank_Fan_SC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i love the softball idea and build a bigger rock with it!!
yeah i will be working on it till i have it perfect!! although i don't think such thing exists though always room for improvement
Your talking to a man that has to take medication for his OCD. I know what you mean about have to get stuff perfect. It will happen just be patient

OP
OP
jordimex

jordimex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally done with todays update!! added a GFO reactor, got water in and changed the rock a bit what do you guys think?
IMG_6332.JPG
IMG_6363.JPG

OP
OP
jordimex

jordimex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bulk Reef Supply is where I got my RODI from. They have several different sizes to chose from so that you can find the right one. There are other one out there that are good also.. you can just Google RO/DI filter systems and several brands will come up
i just bought a Dr G's RODI device LFS sold it to me for 120 i think that was a great price!!!
now i have it problem is have no idea how to install it any help??

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 14.8%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 89 48.9%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 56 30.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.7%
Back