0   0   0
nope no directions not a single clue on how to set it up
its a 3 stage

Reef_Tank_Fan_SC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, well it is pretty straight forward. What your gonna have is this. 3 lines.. 1 is going to be the incoming to the rodi from your water source. 2 is gonna be the good water that is coming out of the rodi. 3 is gonna be the waste water coming from the rodi. As far as the fitting go, your gonna have to look at them and find the one that adapts to your spigot so that the unit can be connected. What are you planning on hooking it up to?

OP
OP
jordimex

jordimex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
plan on keeping it under the sing and hopefully get an adapter for my faucet what is a spigot?

OP
OP
jordimex

jordimex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what is the blue thing that came with it?? also where does the water come in the black line? or the red im pretty sure the good water comes from the green

Reef_Tank_Fan_SC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spigot is just another name for faucet is all. Normally a spigot it used outside of you house. Does you kit come with a adapter piece that screws into the bottom of your faucet?

OP
OP
jordimex

jordimex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright, I pulled up a pdf file that has the instructions for your system. I'm gonna screenshot the 4 pages for the install and post them in her for you homie. Apologies is they come in sideways my wife's phone is kinda wonky.. lol
thank you very much!!!

Reef_Tank_Fan_SC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Screenshot_20170623-202608.png

Page one
Screenshot_20170623-202619.png

Page two
Screenshot_20170623-202631.png

Page three
Screenshot_20170623-202639.png

Page four

OP
OP
jordimex

jordimex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That should be all you need to start making water my man..
Thank you very much!!!
ill get to it right now although i don't like the copper piercing thing might go to home depot and get an adapter for my faucet

OP
OP
jordimex

jordimex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought aqua vitro seed for salt water it says that it helps for the immediate addition of fish and corals as long as you add the specific measurement of product to your tank for 7 days. should i do that? and go to the LFS tomorrow. i started the treatment yesterday today was the second dose

Reef_Tank_Fan_SC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you very much!!!
ill get to it right now although i don't like the copper piercing thing might go to home depot and get an adapter for my faucet
I would probably do the same thing. And as for you waste water line (black) you can just stick it in you sink drain while you using it and pull it when you done. Hopefully this helps you out my man

Reef_Tank_Fan_SC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would personally let the tank run for a couple weeks to make sure it is cycled completely. Even though the bottle says you can do it right away.. don't trust it. But a test kit and keep a check on you parameters for a couple weeks and watch it cycle. Livestock should always be the last thing you put in after to know everything is right. I let my tank run with nothing in it for about 6-8 weeks befor I put anything in there.

Reef_Tank_Fan_SC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Always remember that as long as you keep you water right then the fish will be happy..

Also a good rule of thumb is to remember that you aren't taking care of fish and corals, your taking care if the water. The other two will take care if themselves

OP
OP
jordimex

jordimex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Always remember that as long as you keep you water right then the fish will be happy..

Also a good rule of thumb is to remember that you aren't taking care of fish and corals, your taking care if the water. The other two will take care if themselves
Thats great advice thank you!!!
i will get the API Master Saltwater test tomorrow and will post the results

Heather w

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
also the owner at my LFS said that there pretty much are 0 to no hitch hikers on his live rock he has had it for a while
Go live rock 100%. Start with what you want in the end. Why spend all this money now with the intent of spending MORE later?
Everyone has a favorite brand for this and that piece of equipment brand names are just that...names. I love my reef keeper, but that's tech. A good sump stocked with some yummy green algae is your BEST tool. Then sit back and be patient. The "live" rock is going to cycle your tank from day one. You need those "hitch hikers" to "pop the clutch" as is my favorite image when I need to just get into a project. Contact your fishy friends and see if they will share some of their substrate, rock, or green algae from their tanks in the beginning you just need bacteria to work with. You WILL have a disgusting bloom of slimy red cryo[sh$<] don't panic, and a brown dusty looking coating on everything. IN THIS STAGE don't sweat it! It means your getting close to a healthy, life sustaining marine aquarium.
Consider researching vinegar and/vodka, yes as in booze.
I know this is long but be patient, I made SO many mistakes and lost so many fish and cried every time. Everything that goes in your tank is new, plastic or stainless steel and it NEVER gets used anywhere else...including towels or linens. Wash them in light bleach or vinegar ONLY and NO dryer sheets (forgot that twice). NO air fresheners or candles anywhere near your system OR any ( OR ONLY, EVER, EVER TAP) water change water. did that once. Fought White Slime decrease for months. Wash filter socks by themselves in washer with light bleach separate from any other filters. TEST TEST TEST. Once your system is balanced you'll be a little relaxed and you can see from your tank family if anything is "off" and can go back to bi-monthly.
'If your fishy family's happy and you know it....clap your hands!! If is not and know it, test the water....again.' ok, so the ending falls flat, but you get it. If there is dissension in these learned ranks, then I'm wrong and would love the input. These are just things I've learned over the last 3 years. I can finally say I'm getting the hang of it. Oh yeah.... lighting strongest NOW!! Don't "upgrade later" start RIGHT all the way
FYI I get filter socks and a lot of my simple aquarium supplies from wish.com
Liveaquaria.com has a 15 day guarantee on fish, no matter what kills them, 30 on coral. I will not work with anyone else. Dr. Fosters is indispensable. Large variety of captive bred
Heather
Go with dry brs rock it’s much cheaper and u don’t have all the unwanted hitch hikers of live rock. I would run an algae turf scrubber as there isn’t much room in the sump and the algae turf scrubber will grow the algae that would be in the tank but instead its grown in the scrubber. Gfo isn’t needed. Carbon could be nice. What about dosing would u do dosing pumps or would u go with a calcium reactor. Heater you could go with neo therm or something similar as long as u go new from a retailer. As for corals Acans could be easy monti caps could be a little later down the line. Take it slow and try to quarantine your fish and always dip your corals. Also it was a good buy. Ask me whatever question you have and I can try to help u.

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.8%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 33 16.8%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 35 17.9%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 96 49.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.5%
Back