Hello world.

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve come to these forums over the years to educate myself on what was happening in my tanks, but this is the first time I’ve posted. Hope y’all dont mind me copying this to my bio....

I’ve kept fresh water tanks for most of my life. I have some background in geophysics (which includes oceanography- ocean math).

My son showed a lot of interest in fish a few years back which prompted us to get a biocube - the first tank I had owned in a few years and the first my husband has owned ever. He wanted to start with salt immediately, but I suggested we do fresh and make sure it was something he was goi g to enjoy and be illing to learn about, since I was more familiar with keeping those. Then... duh duh duh.... We had an encounter with an angry neon tetra that killed off the majority of our livestock- including our entire school of tiger barbs, which had been happy in the community tank for years. I was faced with the prospect of restocking or using the opportunity to switch to salt water. We arranged for the 3 survivors to go to a friend’s tank and took the “plunge” to salt. The plan is to do a reef tank. We hope that this smaller tank will go really well. If so, we plan on purchasing a much larger system and converting the 30 gallon biocube to a quarantine tank. I can’t wait to learn all the ins and outs of the salt water side of this hobby. I’m sure I’ll have way more questions pop up than I ever did with fresh.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to r2r!
original.gif
#WelcometoR2R

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You'll love the cube! A great tank to learn with. You will enjoy Reefing with your son. My son and I reef together also. You can write off using the cube as a QT later...your son will want it in his room.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 71 53.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 50.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 30 22.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back