Hello!

BigBadBonham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I've been lurking on this forum as a non member learning from all of you over the last 6 months or so and decided today to actually become a real member hahaha. Ive been working on getting my 90 gallon together and finally got it filled with water last night for the first time. I plan on test running for a week or so and then getting some salt in this thing and get the ball rolling!

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Take lots of pictures, we go coo coo for pictures :D
001aaa.gif

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys! I have a few pictures I could share, not much to show but just from when I got the tank to where I'm at now. Can I share them here or should I do that in a different thread?
We love :rolleyes: pictures... ;Snaphappy

Welcome aboard and hope you feel at home!!

:)

Turbo's Aquatics

Super Duper Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

If you're new to SW, I would suggest reading #15 in this article first: http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2004-01/eb/

hopefully you've come across it already via lurking here!

I have found myself referencing this article more than any other, not just to anyone new to the hobby. The nitrogen cycle is only the startup of a SW tank cycle. The next 6-12 months is a maturing phase, and it's typically in this time frame where algae outbreaks occur and things can sort of roller-coaster, and if you stock the tank up too quickly, you might see corals randomly dying & fish getting sick, etc...people who are relatively new to the SW hobby (or never bothered to study this aspect of it too much) can very easily fall into the trap of chasing problems = making more problems => giving up and selling everything off. We don't want that to happen to anyone!

Long-term stability and balance are the keys, and you just can't shortcut the process significantly. That's always the #1 thing to keep in mind!

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome home, you will love it here!

Keep us posted with your 90G build with lots of photos and let us know how we can support you! :)

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 125 88.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back