Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Turbo's Aquatics

Super Duper Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have read this article 3 times over and I just wanted to be clear on something. Having corals in the tank in the early stages of cycling can actually be beneficial to the system?
No I don't think that's what it says, I focus on the chalkboard pic that is about 1/2 way down that page, it says add rock, wait 3 months, let algae bloom. Then add herbivores, wait a few months. Then add corals. So you're really 4-5 months in before adding corals. The text might say something slightly different, I need to read through it again, but kinda busy atm....

OP
OP
BigBadBonham

BigBadBonham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I don't think that's what it says, I focus on the chalkboard pic that is about 1/2 way down that page, it says add rock, wait 3 months, let algae bloom. Then add herbivores, wait a few months. Then add corals. So you're really 4-5 months in before adding corals. The text might say something slightly different, I need to read through it again, but kinda busy atm....

"Also, there are probably two further scenarios; aquarists that are scared to add corals in their "new tank of death" that would actually help with the photosynthesis and nutrient uptake"

quoted from the article. the timeframe may be a little off but from the reads of it, it seems that he is saying that adding coral can be good for the system depending on the timeline.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 27 84.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 9.4%
Back