Welcome to R2R!!!

Clownfish.gif

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! You’re stepping into a whole new world with saltwater! Fluval tanks are a good all in one I started with a Evo 13.5. In the long run though i ended up modifying the tank with a different pump, lighting setup and a custom refugium. Looking back I wish I had looked at some of the other tank brands. I’ve broken some of them up into different price points... it’s not a comprehensive list by any means but a start. Hoping it should give you some good ideas.

Higher end: Nano Red Sea or Waterbox
Mid range: JBJ, Fiji,
Low end: Fluval, Biocube

I think you’ll find as you grow in the saltwater hobby you’ll want more control over the environment especially when it comes to flow, lighting nutrient/chemistry control. It helps to have a tank that will allow for these types of customizations.
There is a great supreme guide written by @revhtree here that is helpful with planning a new tank. This community is awesome and there is so much collective knowledge so it there is something you can’t find ask away;). Looking forward to seeing where your reef journey takes you!
1591228313777.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
DrunkenMonkey666

DrunkenMonkey666

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! You’re stepping into a whole new world with saltwater! Fluval tanks are a good all in one I started with a Evo 13.5. In the long run though i ended up modifying the tank with a different pump, lighting setup and a custom refugium. Looking back I wish I looked at some of the other tanks brands I’ve broken some of them up into different price points... it’s not a comprehensive list by any means but a start. Hoping it should give you some good ideas.

Higher end: Nano Red Sea or Waterbox
Mid range: JBJ, Fiji,
Low end: Fluval, Biocube

I think you’ll find as you grow in the saltwater hobby you want more control over the environment when it comes to flow, lighting nutrient/chemistry control. It helps to have a tank that will allows for these types of customizations.
There is a great supreme guide written by @revhtree here that is helpful with planning a new tank. This community is awesome and there is so much collective knowledge so it there is something you can’t find ask away;). Looking forward to seeing where your reef journey takes you!
1591228313777.jpeg
Thanks for that info. I’ll look into those other tanks

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. I’ve been keeping fresh water tanks for a little over 4 years now. I have 1 heavily planted 75g and 1 lightly planted 10g. I just got the ok from the wife that I can get another tank lol. So for my next project I will like a saltwater tank with corals and fish and I have no idea where to start. I like to do research before I do anything to make my life easier so that’s why I decided to join this site. My first question is going to be... what is everyone’s thoughts on the fluval marine flex 32g?
Welcome to R2R InebriatedPrimate! 3 tanks, you are a glutton for punishment lol. You came to the right place for learning and enjoyment. This is a pretty awesome group of smart cookies. Enjoy your stay and your project, whichever tank you decide on.

Jimbhoy13

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. I’ve been keeping fresh water tanks for a little over 4 years now. I have 1 heavily planted 75g and 1 lightly planted 10g. I just got the ok from the wife that I can get another tank lol. So for my next project I will like a saltwater tank with corals and fish and I have no idea where to start. I like to do research before I do anything to make my life easier so that’s why I decided to join this site. My first question is going to be... what is everyone’s thoughts on the fluval marine flex 32g?

Welcome to R2R and the salty world. Lots of knowledgable and helpful people here who will support and advise you when needed.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 23.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 29.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%

Back