Help biocube lighting with Steve led

pharaoh0323

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I installed Steve’s led for my biocube and I’m not sure what lighting schedule to put it on… examples would really be helpful, would like to get a sea anemone and some corals in here, I already have some clown fish

ナイトコア猫

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Initially, no lighting is necessary, so at least there is no need for worries. However, in preparing for corals, the lighting imputes the animals and vice versa. Is this the one you picked?

At the bottom is this guide:

Before considering my thoughts, I recommend reviewing the manufacturer's advice .. kindly look at page 5, which is the acclimation. You don't have corals, but when corals come in, following this acclimation guide may be wise, unless you have a PAR metre. I recommend a PAR metre, if possible, but recognise not everyone wishes to obtain one.

Duration will look something like this: Everyone (including I) will have different preferences, and this one from BRSTV is a good lighting schedule if you don't already have a preference. It's also shorter in length, and combined with the guide above, will improve probability of keeping corals alive.

1672396402869.png

However, things will be different for each circumstance, because for example, the lighting might not be powerful enough to illuminate the very bottom for acros, and in such a case, one might need to either relocate the animals, increase the lighting duration, or improve the PAR of the lighting.

This is my lighting (9:30 to 22:31), with point and diffuse lighting, just on an ON/OFF only, for 13 total hours without ramping. I have a few frags, like a lobo and other big polyps, and some chalices and zoas. I've had it this way for a few years, but this may not be appropriate for your setup or pick of animals. As the BRSTV friends say, when sharing configurations that ride the razor's edge, one ought to say so: I warn that the schedule I use is not the easiest path to success, and carries a high risk of frying corals, if the intensity is not lowered. What I did was lower the PAR so the overall accumulated PAR is within reason. The hours recommended by BRSTV above is in line with what's typically recommended.
1672396921223.png

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 34.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 30 21.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 37 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back