Help choosing lighting and return pump

serenade

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 23, 2016
Messages
267
Reaction score
86
Location
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking at setting up a 4 gallon nano innovative marine but am struggling with what kind of lighting to put over it. I'm planning on using it for anemone splits. But I'm worried about overkill. It came with the standard 8 watt lighting.
I'm looking at either the:
18 watt innovative marine
14 watt coral compulsion par 30 18k reef bulb.
I'm also questioning if I should upgrade the pump before I set it up?
I'm setting it up using sand, rock and water from my current reef systems and will be looking into an ato but considering this one will be in my bedroom I'll be checking it almost daily so initially topping off won't be an issue.

I am definitely open to suggestions as well.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new