Help cycling my 15 gallon innovative marine

GrizzReacts

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I started cycling my 15 gallon last Thursday night using the whole FritzZyme Turbo Start 900 1oz bottle and a cap full of Dr. Tim’s ammonia. That Sunday I added two hermit crabs and 2 turbo snails along with algae wafers for them to feed on (all are doing fine) . So today I tested my water and these are my results. My question is should I wait it out or do a water change to get levels down ? I also ordered some FritzZyme 9 Nitrifying Bacteria was going to add it to the tank Saturday to get the ammonia down. Any advice will be appreciated new to this and want to do it right and also want to give my fish the best chance.

IMG_9100.jpeg IMG_9099.jpeg IMG_9098.jpeg

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d take out the crabs and snails right away since you still have ammonia. Once your ammonia and nitrites are zero and you have only nitrates for two days, the cycle will be complete. Then you can do a water change to bring down the nitrates. I wouldn’t do a water change before then because it could slow down your cycle. After you’ve done all this, it would be safe to add fish. I’d add one at a time in a tank your size. Hope this helps!!

Propane

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Retest ammonia real quick.

OP
OP
GrizzReacts

GrizzReacts

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d take out the crabs and snails right away since you still have ammonia. Once your ammonia and nitrites are zero and you have only nitrates for two days, the cycle will be complete. Then you can do a water change to bring down the nitrates. I wouldn’t do a water change before then because it could slow down your cycle. After you’ve done all this, it would be safe to add fish. I’d add one at a time in a tank your size. Hope this helps!!
Snails and hermits are doing fine

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 29 37.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 26.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back