Help! Damsel missing tail

Joseph3

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 16, 2021
Messages
37
Reaction score
30
Location
San Francisco
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all!

This morning I noticed that my damsel’s tail fin looks like it’s been completely chewed off. It’s a little red around the edges. He’s still swimming and eating just fine.

I’m planning on upping feedings until he heals. Do I need to do anything else like treat with antibiotics? I’d prefer to avoid setting up a quarantine tank if possible.

Thank you!
IMG_4352.jpeg
 
Hi all!

This morning I noticed that my damsel’s tail fin looks like it’s been completely chewed off. It’s a little red around the edges. He’s still swimming and eating just fine.

I’m planning on upping feedings until he heals. Do I need to do anything else like treat with antibiotics? I’d prefer to avoid setting up a quarantine tank if possible.

Thank you!
IMG_4352.jpeg
This is a victim of aggression and there is a chance for regrowth by isolating this fish or identifying and removing the aggressor. Likely another damsel or clown
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new