HELP! Don't know what this coral-looking thing is

Robert96reef

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 7, 2016
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 10g saltwater tank has been up and running for a little under a year now. Started off with live rock and sand then added 2 clowns, a yellow gobby, and a full clean up crew. Recently I noticed this strange tentacle stringy coral-looking thing growing off of one of my live rocks. I don't know exactly what it is. It started growing oit of nowhere. Is this thing harmful to my tank? Or should I let it be?

20161007_211250.jpg
 
My 10g saltwater tank has been up and running for a little under a year now. Started off with live rock and sand then added 2 clowns, a yellow gobby, and a full clean up crew. Recently I noticed this strange tentacle stringy coral-looking thing growing off of one of my live rocks. I don't know exactly what it is. It started growing oit of nowhere. Is this thing harmful to my tank? Or should I let it be?

20161007_211250.jpg

Aiptasia. They can spread and sting coral, don't want them so look for ways to kill them.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new