OP
C

christwendt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You may try one of the megastores like Walmart, sometimes they have a pet department and will have air pump.
Or bring powerhead up to surface so it sucks air in and jets out water with a bunch of micro bubbles.
Can you over oxygenate ?

0DA07AC1-8802-48FE-9B0C-76BD79B413A0.jpeg

magicwhistle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are completely right. I went into lfs the best one here asked to speak to owner. She forwarded me to a guy with a nano tank. He told me I couldn’t overdose microbactor 7 and just to “squirt some “ in each day. There’s no harm and it can’t be overdosed. I even read the directions but decided to listen to him which is my mistake. Ugh I’m no longer trusting them at all and only using this forums for help. My tank was doing so good aside from the Dino’s. Rip to my mandarin and absolute zero clownfish pair :( I guess you learn appreciate you helping me figure out the cause.
dang man. Sorry to hear that. Jesus.

Focus on water changes and getting oxygen into the tank. Your corals will likely be stressed out too so should add carbon to soak up any toxins being released.

OP
OP
C

christwendt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
dang man. Sorry to hear that. Jesus.

Focus on water changes and getting oxygen into the tank. Your corals will likely be stressed out too so should add carbon to soak up any toxins being released.
It does suck. They are just fish but it was so sad! They were so happy even this morning. I’m doing a 100 percent change by the am tomorrow. Added my chemipure back not full dose. It’s crazy but you really can’t trust anyone with your animals / pets but yourself. I’ve done hours of research and prior I always kept my skimmer on during Dino treatments. They even advised I shut my skimmer off even tho I told them my nitrates were 5-10ppm. I’m so thankful for this forum. Thanks again fellow reefers I’m already feeling a little better. Saved me so much on the Walmart run.

OP
OP
C

christwendt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This also shows me so much just how difficult 20 gallons is with only 15 gallons of water. I tested my water everyday, everything was perfect it seemed. The difference Of I’d say 10 ml of microbactor 7 max starved my fish of oxygen in a matter of two days and killed all my fish. Time for an upgrade !

TheShrimpNibbler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That really stinks. I know how hard it can be to lose all of your fish after things seemed like they were doing so good. If you stay on top of things though, you can hopefully save your corals though. Good luck and I’m sorry about the losses

OP
OP
C

christwendt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That really stinks. I know how hard it can be to lose all of your fish after things seemed like they were doing so good. If you stay on top of things though, you can hopefully save your corals though. Good luck and I’m sorry about the losses
I just got the best news. The fish store owner called me. I told them it was their fault. She tried everything to make her coworker sound smart but I’ve done my research. She hands her phone to her husband who also owns the store with her cuz she didn’t know what to say to me. After speaking with him he said I can tell you know your stuff and I believe you. We will talk to the employee who told you wrong information and we want to keep your business ( I have spent 2 grand there ) because we like when people are in the hobby for the long run. You will have a 400$ in store credit when you come in next. That will cover the cost of all my fish dead and more. I think I’m going to get cheaper clown fish really hope I don’t lose corrals.

Alenya

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 10g nano and I have never had to deal with Dino so I’m not sure how the following would impact your Dino plan - but I would be working to go back to ‘default’ right now - as you said full water change over the next couple days, same temp, same salinity, skimmer back on and chemi as per usual. I would touch nothing for another month or risk the coral going nuclear.

I am afraid if you keep reacting to what’s going wrong in the tank with more changes your corals will not cope. I don’t know about Dino but I figure you could tackle it again in a couple months once corals are 100% recovered.

OP
OP
C

christwendt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I will post back when the corrals recover / die. Hoping for the first ahaha

OP
OP
C

christwendt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a 10g nano and I have never had to deal with Dino so I’m not sure how the following would impact your Dino plan - but I would be working to go back to ‘default’ right now - as you said full water change over the next couple days, same temp, same salinity, skimmer back on and chemi as per usual. I would touch nothing for another month or risk the coral going nuclear.

I am afraid if you keep reacting to what’s going wrong in the tank with more changes your corals will not cope. I don’t know about Dino but I figure you could tackle it again in a couple months once corals are 100% recovered.
I do like that way of thinking after all stability is key and slow changes. I just turned my temp from 78-76 which shouldn’t be too big of a change as it fluctuates that normally. My salinity is the same and everything else. Now the concern is tho since I have no fish my nitrates are going to be zero again. But the Dino’s is a secondary issue right now in my book like you mention. I gotta keep these corrals Alive.

OP
OP
C

christwendt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Question guys. Should I be having the lights on for the corrals now ? Since they is my primary concern. The lights were on black out trying to fight Dino’s.

SMSREEF

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question guys. Should I be having the lights on for the corrals now ? Since they is my primary concern. The lights were on black out trying to fight Dino’s.
I would turn lights back on normal schedule.

Do you have a microscope pic of the kind of Dino you are dealing with?

brmreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is awesome that the LFS will take care of you like that after receiving bad guidance. That is a rough lesson and a horrible loss for any system. Hope the system has a speedy recovery and able move passed such an ordeal. Wishing for the best and glad to hear about an LFS willing to help a hobbyist like that.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 57 49.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 63 54.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 26 22.6%
  • None.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.8%
Back