HELP! GSP is being eaten

Larry the Lobster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. I have a coral beauty angle fish and it is pecking at my gsp constantly. I am going on a vacation tomorrow (Wednesday to Sunday) and I can give the angel back to the store in time (I leave to soon). The angel pecks once or twice a minute at my gsp. The gsp is new to the tank and I put it in yesterday (Monday). Since it is new it is not open and has not been able to open because the angel constant pecking (all my water perimeters are good and so is my light I just checked). To prevent the constant nipping of the dwarf angel I put the 2 large gsp frags in a clean food container with holes. Will this be good for the vacation (the angel can’t nip now). Will the gsp survive.

Ps the angel was not doing this to my zoas. And the gsp was cut I. Half at the store.

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The angle may very well be picking other things off of the Frag. Not necessarily the polyps themselves.
On a side note GSP can take a few days to a few weeks to open up.

JCM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Consider yourself lucky?

Ok, ok. Just kidding. The container may work, but use something with a clear lid so more light makes it through. Also, make the holes big enough for the water to circulate adequately.

OP
OP
L

Larry the Lobster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New container. Good enough?

858AB878-CC61-4EA1-81CB-0A6A3C7FE0D1.jpeg

Pelagic One

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Larry...how’s the GSP since your return from vacation?

I’m asking because I’ve got a two-month old tank with a couple GSP frags, and have been thinking about adding a coral beauty angel. A previous responder may be correct in that the fish was picking at other things around your polyps, and I know that they’ll close up when anything gets near them.

So hopefully all’s well at this point!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back