HELP! Heavy Breathing Flame Angel

doolentank95

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 9, 2013
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Location
North Caldwell
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,
This saturday I bought a flame angel, and since then he has been hiding behind a rock all the time and not eating. That is not a worry to me as he is a new fish and I understand it takes a couple days for them to get used to the tank. The thing that IS bothering me is that he is breathing pretty hard, and recently (today) I spotted a shiny white (more clear) patch on his side about the size of one scale. It does not look like ich or velvet, I have dealt with both. I know I didn't QT him, but my LFS told me that they had had this fish for about a month now, and was showing no problems, I watched this fish for a while. Yes I understand now this is still no reason not to QT a fish. Any thoughts on what he could be suffering from? I have four other fish, two clowns and two chromis's and they are 100% healthy. Thanks!
 
How is he doing this morning?
 
He didnt make it. Im really frustrated, the other fish still arent showing any signs of illness. Any ideas of what the problem could have been?
 
Sometimes they are just not healthy and just can't handle a change in environment. He probably would have died at the store. Sorry.
 
I wonder if he had ich on his gills...or ammonia poisoning damage (nit from you.)
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new