Help - Hippo Tang weird skin

Djannel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,

I was looking at my tank today when I noticed that my 2 hippo tangs have some type of skin infection. I have no clue what it could be, it basically looks like white bumpy bubbles. I took video of it, please let me know what it could be.

http://youtu.be/yHdM7YgxsF8

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

OP
OP
Djannel

Djannel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
****, I don't have a QT tank. They are eating and moving normal but I'm guessing its only time till things turn for the worse.

rapalaboy1999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I experienced this once with my BT, it might just be a scratch or bump from bumping into the rockwork trying to setup new territories, mine would always try to fit into small hole which were to short heighth wise and would bump its face on the rock.

Last edited:

bct15

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is difficult to see but looks like it might be ich...

Some people are going to freak out when I say this but you don't need a quarantine to deal with ich. IME leaving the fish alone and feeding a little heavier works better then removing it and treating it with medication, plus unless you go fish less for a long period of time the ich will still be in the display and chances are when you reads the fish it will break out again.

What I reccomend is feeding one to two times a day, making sure to get veggies in at least once a day. Every three days soak the food in a little garlic soak, but only once every three days. This will assist the tang in naturally fighting it off. Cleaner shrimp will not make a difference, as studies of the gut contents of cleaner shrimp indicates that cleaner shrimp do not eat ich.

NanaReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep stress levels down and feed them well :)
Skunk Cleaner Shrimp may not eat the parasite but they will remove the parasite from the fish. This is a proven fact.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Djannel

Djannel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone, I will feed heavy and see where it goes.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 155 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back