Help - Hippo Tang weird skin

  • Thread starter Thread starter Djannel
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Djannel

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 5, 2013
Messages
960
Reaction score
17
Location
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,

I was looking at my tank today when I noticed that my 2 hippo tangs have some type of skin infection. I have no clue what it could be, it basically looks like white bumpy bubbles. I took video of it, please let me know what it could be.

http://youtu.be/yHdM7YgxsF8





Sent Via the R2R Forum APP
 
****, I don't have a QT tank. They are eating and moving normal but I'm guessing its only time till things turn for the worse.


Sent Via the R2R Forum APP
 
I experienced this once with my BT, it might just be a scratch or bump from bumping into the rockwork trying to setup new territories, mine would always try to fit into small hole which were to short heighth wise and would bump its face on the rock.


Sent Via the R2R Forum APP
 
Last edited:
It is difficult to see but looks like it might be ich...

Some people are going to freak out when I say this but you don't need a quarantine to deal with ich. IME leaving the fish alone and feeding a little heavier works better then removing it and treating it with medication, plus unless you go fish less for a long period of time the ich will still be in the display and chances are when you reads the fish it will break out again.

What I reccomend is feeding one to two times a day, making sure to get veggies in at least once a day. Every three days soak the food in a little garlic soak, but only once every three days. This will assist the tang in naturally fighting it off. Cleaner shrimp will not make a difference, as studies of the gut contents of cleaner shrimp indicates that cleaner shrimp do not eat ich.


Sent Via the R2R Forum APP
 
Keep stress levels down and feed them well :)
Skunk Cleaner Shrimp may not eat the parasite but they will remove the parasite from the fish. This is a proven fact.
 
Last edited:
Thanks everyone, I will feed heavy and see where it goes.


Sent Via the R2R Forum APP
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new