Help!!! Ich! X-Ich usage??

Keywest99

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a FOWLR 110 gallon 10 month old tank. I do not have a QT. Am I right in my interpretation of X-ICH, that your initial tank treatment is 1 teaspoon per ten gallons(11 teasoons), and then change 1/3 of my water (35 gallons) and pre-treat that with a dose that would be equal to my whole tank(another 11 teaspoons). Then continue that every few days?? I lowered my SP to 1.019 and will continue to lower it with each WC. Has anyone done the freshwater dip, or the hyposalinity to 1.010??

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t you with the dose, but that is malachite green and formalin. It works pretty well on freshwater ich, but it’s track record for marine ich is not very good.
Hyposalinity will work by itself, but you need to use an accurate means to measure things and you need to get down to 1.009 SG in 36 hours.
Jay

OP
OP
Keywest99

Keywest99

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t you with the dose, but that is malachite green and formalin. It works pretty well on freshwater ich, but it’s track record for marine ich is not very good.
Hyposalinity will work by itself, but you need to use an accurate means to measure things and you need to get down to 1.009 SG in 36 hours.
Jay
Thanks Jay!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 13 20.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 8 12.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 35 55.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 7.9%
Back