Help ID Algea

Hugo Garcia

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 13, 2017
Messages
173
Reaction score
55
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello guys, I’m need some help to ID this Algea bloom in my tank. I had a lot of hair algea in my tank, so I did a fluconazole treatment, and it worked really well. Then I did a large water change, and after that I got this green algea all over the sand. I know my nitrates might be high, but this happened right after a water change. I use RO/DI water. Also I got a lot of this red “algea” or bacteria over the rock, that I’d imagine could be red slime, but not sure. So I’d ask for you guys help me figure out what to do to fix this. I’m inclined to treat the tank with fluconazloe again, but want to know if it would help at all in this case.
Thanks

A5910C8F-CB16-40A9-B4B5-6BC2692F6F6E.jpeg FD3D57FF-4815-4DFA-A34A-7456F3AA84C2.jpeg 325C0535-0C24-45AD-99E3-D49006847331.jpeg
 
Pictures for others to help would be a start and list of parameters like are nitrates and phospates at 0 plus much more
 
Pictures for others to help would be a start and list of parameters like are nitrates and phospates at 0 plus much more
Sorry, the images never loaded. Unfortunately I don’t have any test at moment, I know nitrates where high, it after a 40-50% water change, I figured that would help reduce it. I intend to do another water change soon, just want to know if I should dose fluconazloe again before I do that.
 
judging by 3rd photo it looks like cyano to me if your speaking about the red slime like stuff on the rock.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new