Help ID these...

Jesse Sunday

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Good morning Reefers!

I have a 32 Biocube that's been running for a month now... live rock donated from a friend's tank. I LOVE all the life that came with the live rock, but I have NO idea what most of it is.

There's a white (almost slime-looking?) growth that "sprouts" little tree-looking things... Does anyone know what they are? (the picture is right-side-up, my Royal Gramma is just weird and upside down in this pic)

Also, I was given a mushroom (coral?). Is there a specific type of mushroom this one is?

Thanks for all your help!

1-7U5A1436.JPG 2-7U5A1438.JPG

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like each polyp has 8 tentacles on it, so I'd guess it's some kind of octocoral (soft corals, gorgonians, etc.), but I don't see any feathering of any kind of the tentacles that would help narrow it down. The stark white color is very pretty and unique though.

OP
OP
Jesse Sunday

Jesse Sunday

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
It looks like each polyp has 8 tentacles on it, so I'd guess it's some kind of octocoral (soft corals, gorgonians, etc.), but I don't see any feathering of any kind of the tentacles that would help narrow it down. The stark white color is very pretty and unique though.

Thank you for your insight! :) I'll try to get better pictures later.

resortez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I’ve seen a plethora of marine life but that’s a first & looks neat . I would also agree in being some type of soft coral maybe NPS (nonphotosynthetic) hopefully someone can give us all a proper ID. Still very neat looking & a sign of a healthy ecosystem & husbandry practices.

Back