Help Me Choose A New Aquarium!

PlowboyReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone I am getting back into reef keeping after a 6 year break and am torn between two brands for my next set up. I used to frequent another forum but my logins no longer work so figured I'd come join reef2reef! Does anyone have any opinions or comments on these two tanks:

FIJI CUBE 57G INT Tank Package with sump (I am considering upgrading from the 20 to the 24 size for extra sump volume)

and

IM NUVO INT 75G Complete reef system with their sump. My only concern is reaching out to IM is they said an ATO reservoir does not fit in their stand which seems very odd to me.

Setup will be a simple reef as in no SPS and only a few LPS. Mostly just want to have my fish friends back in my living room again after moving states and being out of reef keeping for so long.

Any feedback is GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IM. It's fairly common to have ATO reservoirs outside of the stand. They take up too much valuable real estate.

OP
OP
P

PlowboyReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you everyone for the input, my old tank was actually an IM that I drilled and put an eschopps ext overflow on so that seems the way to go. The only issue is the area I am placing it is exactly 36" of wall real estate with floor to ceiling windows on each side of it... I know windows near reef tanks are contentious but its the best place to still enjoy it in the living room...

That said does anyone recommend or have any insight into placing an ATO reservoir inside of the cabinet? I could get creative with a DIY stand etc. but I'd like to keep things as plug and play/simple initially as possible.

Thanks again!

disaster999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would you consider a Waterbox Marine X 90.3? They have an ATO chamber included in sump.

It's cheaper than the IM System. If you go want a complete system then they have 3 different packages for you to choose from.

OP
OP
P

PlowboyReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would you consider a Waterbox Marine X 90.3? They have an ATO chamber included in sump.

It's cheaper than the IM System. If you go want a complete system then they have 3 different packages for you to choose from.
I looked at the waterbox but I really like the shallow reef heights of IM. I wish waterbox had the frag series in 36" long, I know they do custom builds but I was really trying to make a decision this week to take advantage of black friday discounts...

I think I am leaning towards the IM NUVO 75G and will just try to do some DIY stuff in the cabinet for the ATO. I am just limited to exactly 36" of wall space between windows so I hope I can figure something out on the reservoir or Im screwed

OP
OP
P

PlowboyReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One more question friends, I am looking at the Octo LUX T90 Aquarium System (48 Gal) as an option and have read some good build threads on it and the fact it comes with a skimmer and pump in the price is appealing.

Does anyone have any experiences to NOT purchase the Octo LUX T90 Aquarium System (48 Gal)? I know its a little less water volume but my last tank was a 34G so this is closer to what I am used to. I am intimidated by 75G tank size just due to the amount of water I would need for water changes and mixing salt etc...

disaster999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It really depends on what kind of equipment you have for water changes. would be a hassle if you are doing it with buckets. but not too bad if you already have a water changing station setup. To be honest you will get used to it.

the only thing about upgrading to a larger tank is you will need to upgrade and spend money on a whole lot of other stuff like bigger return pumps, bugger skimmers, larger lights and more flow inside the tank.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 29 15.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 109 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.4%
Back