help me choose my overflow

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey reefers,
so I am setting up another system. this is a 40br seahorse tank and I have been going bank in forth on overflows for a few weeks so I thought I would start a thread to get others feedback and thoughts.

not 100% stocked on drilling the tank I have a 50% success rate on drilling 40br :/
also tank needs to be pretty quite I dont mind running water sound but gurgling no way. I had a GH on the old 40br but upgraded to a 90 rimless due to the nose.

so here are my options:

the easiest a life reef HOB overflow box these were the standard 5 or so years ago its plug in play.

drill the tank...
marine modular I do like the look of these ovefrlow box and the fact that the inside and outside box are the same level so when power goes out not much goes in to the sump.
but have to drill 2 holes. runs a bean..

Eshopps eclipse slim only need to drill 1 hole full siphon with an emergency.

I did not really care for my glass holes so that is out, shadow is a bit to much for me at this time.

so thoughts?

keddre

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a Eshopps PF-1800 overflow used and, after I realized the gate valves everyone tells you to get are used to reduce air, mine is completely silent. However now, I would rather drill my tank then doing another HOB overflow

smh254

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just installed an Eshopps eclipse m. I like it and it's very quiet. If you go with this type make sure you get a gate valve installed on the drain side.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 25.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 48 33.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 12 8.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.8%
Back