HELP ME!!! Choose the best controller!

Harry_Y

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sold my RKE 3 years ago to help fund my Apex, was the best decision ever made.

It's a bit of a punch in the gut cost wise for the initial investment, but I've never regretted it for a moment!

Also I've learned many times over in this hobby to just get the best regardless of cost. I could have saved alot of money if I had purchased top of the line in the first place instead of getting middle of the road, not liking it, and upgrading anyways.

I agree on buying the best you can get the first time:

I just went through re-buying a number of things to replace the lesser things I got the first time.

chaoha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I to am considering buying a controler. I've been looking at the Purtek
And the Apex. I'll be following

MTWiley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As is Puratek. ;) Both are great companies.

I have no personal experience with Apex, but I'm familiar with their solid reputation and many of the features of their product.

Puratek has been awesome at every level. The multiple interface options and the plethora of features (which continues to grow) makes their controller an excellent option. I've been extremely pleased with mine, and I recommend it without hesitation. Their customer service is also second to none. They're a great company to work with.

I'd never even heard of the Puratek controllers. They look awesome, but they also look more expensive than the apex. Would you say they're worth the extra price over the apex?

Napa Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This might be a stupid question but can you control Ecotech Radions and Vectras with Neptune Apex? I've seen that you can control the vortechs...

Slevin007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally Like the APEX, but that's all ive every tried, Im curious to see what the majority hold.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back