Help me ID this!!

moonman2091

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20200127_203108.jpg

Can somebody help my ID this. I want to know the name. My wife wanted it so I had to get it lol. Just cant remember the name of it? And can anybody tell me a little more about it?

Thanks!!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Red finger gorgonian. Not the easiest to keep alive and sensitive to poor water conditions.
Calcium-strontium-iodine and good water flow needed and will break easily when not healthy

OP
OP
moonman2091

moonman2091

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red finger gorgonian. Not the easiest to keep alive and sensitive to poor water conditions.
Calcium-strontium-iodine and good water flow needed and will break easily when not healthy
Can you inform me a little on the iodine? I know what it is. But how is it beneficial to the corals? Learning lol

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Can you inform me a little on the iodine? I know what it is. But how is it beneficial to the corals? Learning lol
Iodine- beneficial. One drop per 20 gals. If you have zoas, you will see them pop with Iodine. I recommend Luigols

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Is there a test kit for iodine or anything or just follow info on the bottle? Lol
Kent and Brightwell has dosing recommendations and there is test kits for iodine. I would do an ICP test 2X per year which will also give you readings

OP
OP
moonman2091

moonman2091

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Iodine- beneficial. One drop per 20 gals. If you have zoas, you will see them pop with Iodine. I recommend Luigols
I have some Tropic Marin All for Reef. But bought a small bottle and havent used it was kind of scared to since I've never used it or used anything other than reef roids. Like I said learning since the tank was inherited.

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally i find flow and silica levels the most important for the continued health f gregorians. For foods i just feed a mix of sizes of frozen food hikari coral gumbo for the small and a mix of foods for the med and large. Flow i find they do best in high indirect flow like sps. Too little flow and algae gets stuck on their skeleton. Unable to feed, they slowly die. Which is easy to see as th tissue disapeears and leaves a black thin skeleton in its place. The silica because they use silicone to form their skeleton not calcium.

Mikedawg

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally i find flow and silica levels the most important for the continued health f gregorians. For foods i just feed a mix of sizes of frozen food hikari coral gumbo for the small and a mix of foods for the med and large. Flow i find they do best in high indirect flow like sps. The silica because they use silicone to form their skeleton not calcium.
+ 1 on Coral Gumbo and variety of foods is important

OP
OP
moonman2091

moonman2091

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally i find flow and silica levels the most important for the continued health f gregorians. For foods i just feed a mix of sizes of frozen food hikari coral gumbo for the small and a mix of foods for the med and large. Flow i find they do best in high indirect flow like sps. Too little flow and algae gets stuck on their skeleton. Unable to feed, they slowly die. Which is easy to see as th tissue disapeears and leaves a black thin skeleton in its place. The silica because they use silicone to form their skeleton not calcium.
I feed the hikari mysis for my fish. I'll pick up some of the coral gumbo next time I go to my LFS if they have it.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 35 39.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back