HELP ME!! My torch is curled

rami.almo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About two weeks ago I purchased a neon pink tip torch it’s my most expensive coral. For the first week it was doing so well opened up massive and was doing perfect. A week later I went to glue a new coral frag I bought and I grazed the torch with my hand it closed up and was bothered for a day or so. Then it was my time for a water change and after my water change my torch hasn’t opened back up. It’s been closed since. I thought it might of gotten an infection so I did a coral dip on the torch and placed him back. Light and flow hasn’t changed at all. My water parameters are all in check. Any help. It’s the third week and I see my torch more opened and not closed but its tips are all curled up. My tank is 5g nano btw. I will attach pictures of the torch in the three weeks in order of how it’s looking. Keep in mines every other coral in my tank is doing more than well and I have other LPS

CF410687-37F9-4EB8-BE36-86FA7DACCEED.jpeg 91B7EEB8-32F4-4712-9B61-1A4994ECDBE1.jpeg 3EE9DB2B-00EA-4AFB-942C-D39C1D8728B3.jpeg 286D5871-CFBB-4EE6-B314-990A9BFB5AE4.jpeg C638B180-1044-4005-8725-52564C6DD311.jpeg 2D7C4229-FDEA-411D-A500-129964CED9DC.jpeg

vanguard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a similar coral (frammer). One time I was using a siphon tube on its rock base to suck away algae. I accidentally lightly sucked a few polyps.

It took it about three days to forgive me.

I'm pretty sure if you just leave it alone in good conditions it will bounce back just fine. The fact that your other corals are all fine implies the tank is likely ok.

OP
OP
R

rami.almo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a similar coral (frammer). One time I was using a siphon tube on its rock base to suck away algae. I accidentally lightly sucked a few polyps.

It took it about three days to forgive me.

I'm pretty sure if you just leave it alone in good conditions it will bounce back just fine. The fact that your other corals are all fine implies the tank is likely ok.
Hey thank you for replying.i hope Soo hahah

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey!
Alk 8.6
Cal 480
Mag 1230
Phosphate 0.00
Nitrate 3.2
Salt 1.026

I know my phosphate is low but I dosed with phosphate after this test
There's hardly any nutrients there.

If the tentacles we're getting sucked into and chopped by that pump, That could be the entire reason right there.

Look below.
Screenshot_20230518-113724.png
That rapid tissue recession is a big indicator that it is very unhappy and going down hill, Fast.

It very well may have an infection. Dipping does nothing for that but irritate and stress the coral.

OP
OP
R

rami.almo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

If the tentacles we're getting sucked into and chopped by that pump, That could be the entire reason right there.

Look below.
That rapid tissue recession is a big indicator that it is very unhappy and going down hill, Fast.

It very well may have an infection. Dipping does nothing for that but irritate and stress the coral.

Look below.

Oh man, I think in pictures it looks like the torch is closer to the wave maker but it’s quite distanced and I highly doubt it extended long enough to get cut. In terms of disease any ideas??

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh man, I think in pictures it looks like the torch is closer to the wave maker but it’s quite distanced and I highly doubt it extended long enough to get cut. In terms of disease any ideas??
Quick tissue recession can be an early bacterial indicator.

Every case of BJD that I seen come in, has always been company with fast,recently receding tissue

MikeKloppZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, place the torch on the bottom in a low flow area, you need to give it time to adjust to your tank, they don’t need as much par as you think, the biggest thing I look for is the flesh band when looking to purchase new ones, it might not have been a healthy one when you purchased it, was the flesh band white? if all your other corals are happy don’t change anything to trying to make one happy, I know it’s hard watching and not seeing it as good as in the lfs but leave it alone for a few weeks, let it chill, hope it recovers :)

MikeKloppZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, place the torch on the bottom in a low flow area, you need to give it time to adjust to your tank, they don’t need as much par as you think, the biggest thing I look for is the flesh band when looking to purchase new ones, it might not have been a healthy one when you purchased it, was the flesh band white? if all your other corals are happy don’t change anything to trying to make one happy, I know it’s hard watching and not seeing it as good as in the lfs but leave it alone for a few weeks, let it chill, hope it recovers :)

Attachments

• IMG_1625.jpeg
    IMG_1625.jpeg
    131.2 KB · Views: 44

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 46 53.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.3%
Back