Help! New Acan bleaching

Discussion in 'General LPS Discussion' started by gh_reefer, Dec 31, 2017.

1. gh_reefer

gh_reefer Member

I got a new acan last night and left the blue light on for 2 hours after getting it and I woke up and its purple is bleached out[​IMG][​IMG]

Tags:

2. DSC reef

DSC reef Coral wasted R2R Supporter Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award Reef Tank 365 Build Thread Contributor

It looks like the shrimp is making a meal of the acan or possibly eating food/tissue from the acan.

Zack K, Dsnakes, jsker and 3 others like this.
  3. Mal11224

Mal11224 Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Reef Tank 365 Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

Proof is in the pudding. That shrimp is picking on it. For it to fade that quickly, I would say the shrimp is the culprit as mentioned above by @DSC reef .

Zack K, Dsnakes, jsker and 1 other person like this.
  4. NikoO

NikoO Active Member

Is that a peppermint shrimp? If so I would put him in your sump, or in some other way isolate him. The one I used to have loved picking at my hammer coral. He had to go ;Muted;Nailbiting

DSC reef, Zack K and Dsnakes like this.
  5. Dsnakes

Dsnakes Knight Reefer R2R Supporter Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

Yep, like everyone else has said. Peppermint shrimp are known to pick at lps until death.

Mal11224, DSC reef and Zack K like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted