OP
O

onemako

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes in the first part of the post it is correct. In my system I just built I removed my ASV in favor of a 3 way valve after my last carbon to manually flush when I change those and an electronic shut off valve in the product line.
see the pics here: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/monster-eight-stage-rodi-creation.931411/
might have to give that a try, i've tried everything else i can think of, the 3 way you are referencing is the t-fitting with the black line? i saw 2 lines coming into the t, do you just add a line to it when you get ready to flush?

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
might have to give that a try, i've tried everything else i can think of, the 3 way you are referencing is the t-fitting with the black line? i saw 2 lines coming into the t, do you just add a line to it when you get ready to flush?
The grey valve is the 3 way, water comes in to the bottom from the last carbon. if you flip the lever to the right it flushes all the pre filters and turn it to the left it goes to the RO membrane. the black lines is the waste where it combines with the membrane flush

OP
OP
O

onemako

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see an issue for me, i would put your booster pump just before your membrane, don't put the pressure thru all your sediment and carbon blocks.
do you flush your carbon blocks? I put a bypass just before the membrane for flushing new carbon blocks other wise you are possibly clogging up your membrane, for good measure I put a 1micron sediment filter just before the membrane just in case, see the red tube coming out of sediment 4 that goes to the membrane that is the first chamber to get high pressure. That's not as important as flushing new carbon blocks, see my bypass with a wye in the second photo the red line goes to drain as a flush, I will flush new blocks for about 5 min then run water to the membrane.
Ok so finally figured out my problem, total rookie move on my part, the white flow valve above the membrane was constantly running

OP
OP
O

onemako

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so finally fixed my problem, the white flow valve above the membrane was constantly running while we were trying to produce ro water which we didn't think was supposed to happen, so none the wiser we replaced it with a valve that completely shut the water off until we got ready to flush the system. After contacting brs they informed me that in fact it is supposed to keep running, hence WASTE WATER. So we put the original flow valve back on and now everything is working normal again. Total rookie move on my part smh. only had an aquarium since March so still learning and lots of learning left yet. Thank you to everyone who responded with advice, at least now i have a pretty in depth knowledge of the workings of the rodi unit.

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so finally fixed my problem, the white flow valve above the membrane was constantly running while we were trying to produce ro water which we didn't think was supposed to happen, so none the wiser we replaced it with a valve that completely shut the water off until we got ready to flush the system. After contacting brs they informed me that in fact it is supposed to keep running, hence WASTE WATER. So we put the original flow valve back on and now everything is working normal again. Total rookie move on my part smh. only had an aquarium since March so still learning and lots of learning left yet. Thank you to everyone who responded with advice, at least now i have a pretty in depth knowledge of the workings of the rodi unit.
It's important to have that knowledge so it's good you got that out of the way early :) if anything else pops up with r.o post here again

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back