OP
O

onemako

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sounds like some kind a clog working through your system maybe, have you tried separating your systems 3 and 3 to at least try and narrow down where there might be a clog? if that's even the problem..
WE HAVE TAKEN THE ENTIRE THING APART, WE HAVE GREAT FLOW UP UNTIL IT LEAVES THE MEMBRANE THROUGH THE BLUE LINE, LAST NIGHT WE DID THIS SAME THING AND EVERYTHING WAS WORKING FINE FOR A FEW HOURS AND THEN IT JUST STOPPED PRODUCING ( NO PRODUCTION WHATSOEVER IN 10 HRS. TWO OF OUR RESIN CANNISTERS ARE PRETTY DIRTY AND WE WILL BE REPLACING THEM DIRECTLY, WOULD DIRTY RESIN CANNISTERS REDUCE FLOW?

OP
OP
O

onemako

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IT IS THE ORIGINAL , THE SYSTEM IS ONLY ABOUT 1/ 1/2 MONTHS OLD, WE PULLED THE MEMBRANE OUT AND IT LOOKS FINE, HOWEVER I DON'T KNOW WHAT NOT FINE WOULD LOOK LIKE

reef_725

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WE HAVE TAKEN THE ENTIRE THING APART, WE HAVE GREAT FLOW UP UNTIL IT LEAVES THE MEMBRANE THROUGH THE BLUE LINE, LAST NIGHT WE DID THIS SAME THING AND EVERYTHING WAS WORKING FINE FOR A FEW HOURS AND THEN IT JUST STOPPED PRODUCING ( NO PRODUCTION WHATSOEVER IN 10 HRS. TWO OF OUR RESIN CANNISTERS ARE PRETTY DIRTY AND WE WILL BE REPLACING THEM DIRECTLY, WOULD DIRTY RESIN CANNISTERS REDUCE FLOW?
so if you get good flow through the entire system but except the membrane, id see if you can run the system with the membrane out of the tube and if then you get a good flow all the way through I would assume the issue is with your membrane using process of elimination. unfortunately I don't know exactly what a clogged membrane looks like so can't help you there..

OP
OP
O

onemako

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so if you get good flow through the entire system but except the membrane, id see if you can run the system with the membrane out of the tube and if then you get a good flow all the way through I would assume the issue is with your membrane using process of elimination. unfortunately I don't know exactly what a clogged membrane looks like so can't help you there..
so with the membrane out, just running through the white pipe it is the same as with the membrane in, just a light flow of water, for reference i have had it running now completely hooked up as intended to run, for about 1 1/2 hrs, and there is a constant drip but i have only produced about 1/2 gal of water, this is what it did yesterday for a few hours and then completely stopped

reef_725

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so with the membrane out, just running through the white pipe it is the same as with the membrane in, just a light flow of water, for reference i have had it running now completely hooked up as intended to run, for about 1 1/2 hrs, and there is a constant drip but i have only produced about 1/2 gal of water, this is what it did yesterday for a few hours and then completely stopped
if thats the case with membrane out, personally I would focus my efforts pre membrane, blow out lines ect. I know you said you had the whole system apart not to long ago Im just trying work down the line... so maybe double check the feed line going to the membrane and connection nozzle..sorry If I'm stating the obvious, wish I was there to help

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd take out the auto shut off see if that helps , then the bypass flush valve out of the equation and see if flow improves

OP
OP
O

onemako

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if thats the case with membrane out, personally I would focus my efforts pre membrane, blow out lines ect. I know you said you had the whole system apart not to long ago Im just trying work down the line... so maybe double check the feed line going to the membrane and connection nozzle..sorry If I'm stating the obvious, wish I was there to help
no worries i'm open to all suggestions and appreciate them, we checked all lines and fittings today and everything was fine until we got to the membrane, don't know if it helps or not but in 1 1/2 hrs we produces about 1/2 gallons of water, line 1 showing 86 tds, line 2 showing 56 tds, and line 3 showing 0 tds, this is using a 75gpd 7 stage system with a 900 booster pump running at 85psi

OP
OP
O

onemako

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so, i disconnected the lines from the out side of auto shutoff and ran it and had plenty of flow coming through the auto shutoff, would you still recommend taking the auto shutoff out?

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so, i disconnected the lines from the out side of auto shutoff and ran it and had plenty of flow coming through the auto shutoff, would you still recommend taking the auto shutoff out?
No, basically track down from the end to the water source where your bottleneck is

OP
OP
O

onemako

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, basically track down from the end to the water source where your bottleneck is
we've done that, which leads me to the membrane, if you look at pic 2 in the above thread, right below the thumb in the picture is where the blue line leaves the membrane, that is where the flow drastically decreases, all other lines starting at the spicket work great, what i'm not sure of is how much flow i should be getting at that point ( leaving the membrane through the blue line ) if it is just a small amount than i would assume as i originally thought that mayble the problem is my di resin cannisters being to dirty restricting flow?

reef_725

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no worries i'm open to all suggestions and appreciate them, we checked all lines and fittings today and everything was fine until we got to the membrane, don't know if it helps or not but in 1 1/2 hrs we produces about 1/2 gallons of water, line 1 showing 86 tds, line 2 showing 56 tds, and line 3 showing 0 tds, this is using a 75gpd 7 stage system with a 900 booster pump running at 85psi
IMG_4869.jpg

as crazy as it may sound, do you think you might be running to much pressure? as a gauge I also have a 75GPD system at about 55psi running flawlessly...

OP
OP
O

onemako

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_4869.jpg

as crazy as it may sound, do you think you might be running to much pressure? as a gauge I also have a 75GPD system at about 55psi running flawlessly...
we contacted bulk reef supply and they recommended running between 80-90, but i will try reducing and seeing if that helps me, again thanks for all the help and suggestions, i just rechecked and so far i'm still dripping water out, slowly, but i will be no where near 75gpd at this pace, but if it will just run all day, that will be a plus

OP
OP
O

onemako

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah.... i thought so to so i reversed it and tried again and it didn't fix it
originally i had the blue line coming from the membrane to the in side of the shutoff valve and then out and back to the other side of the system, so we tried reversing it, running the line coming out of the membrane to the out side and then to the other side of system, and after looking at a bunch of pictures i believe i had it right the first time, however no matter how i had it i had no change, i don't know if you have seen the pics i put up earlier in the thread but if you have or if you can take a peek and let me know if that looks right to you

OP
OP
O

onemako

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
originally i had the blue line coming from the membrane to the in side of the shutoff valve and then out and back to the other side of the system, so we tried reversing it, running the line coming out of the membrane to the out side and then to the other side of system, and after looking at a bunch of pictures i believe i had it right the first time, however no matter how i had it i had no change, i don't know if you have seen the pics i put up earlier in the thread but if you have or if you can take a peek and let me know if that looks right to you

Attachments

• rodi2.jpg
    rodi2.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 27
  • rodi1.jpg
    rodi1.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 26

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes in the first part of the post it is correct. In my system I just built I removed my ASV in favor of a 3 way valve after my last carbon to manually flush when I change those and an electronic shut off valve in the product line.
see the pics here: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/monster-eight-stage-rodi-creation.931411/

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 50 25.6%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 49 25.1%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 44 22.6%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 48 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back