help picking a coral

ClownFish664

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

Does anyone know what types of corals I can put top left and left side of my reef tank? This is where I have the higher flow from both the wave maker (1000 lph) and the surface skimmer. I'm using a G5 radion on soft/LPS setting

Screenshot_20211018-205754.jpg

LiveFreeAndReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get what you like! You'll have 100 people telling you to get 100 different corals lol Find a couple online retailers, browse their sites, and find something that pops out to you! All that said, if you're into LPS a chalice would be a good addition ;Joyful

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get what you like! You'll have 100 people telling you to get 100 different corals lol Find a couple online retailers, browse their sites, and find something that pops out to you! All that said, if you're into LPS a chalice would be a good addition ;Joyful
Agree as would montipora digitata. You can also have some soft corals in higher flow like gorgonia

OP
OP
ClownFish664

ClownFish664

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys, it's less of a a what coral is beat and more of a "I don't know what corals do well in this kind of flow" ive liked the looks of Monti, I also like the looks of cyphastrea and blastomusa but I don't know if any of these will cope with the flow

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys, it's less of a a what coral is beat and more of a "I don't know what corals do well in this kind of flow" ive liked the looks of Monti, I also like the looks of cyphastrea and blastomusa but I don't know if any of these will cope with the flow
Blastos lower flow and lower light

Monti do well with both higher light and flow

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.7%
Back