HELP problems with acans

Texasnanoreef345

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So for about two weeks now my scan has been excreting this dull colored slime out of two random spots now it is coming out of more spots any one know how I can help fix this so it doesent spread to other corals ? Every comment reply or any help is highly appreciated thank you in advance !!!!!

image.jpg image.jpg

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Evening,

Can‘t really see what is going on. Can you give some info on your tank. Water parameters, lighting, and new changes? See if anyone around tonight may be able to see something

MasterReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So for about two weeks now my scan has been excreting this dull colored slime out of two random spots now it is coming out of more spots any one know how I can help fix this so it doesent spread to other corals ? Every comment reply or any help is highly appreciated thank you in advance !!!!!

image.jpg image.jpg
How long have you had them?

OP
OP
Texasnanoreef345

Texasnanoreef345

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have you had them?
About 2 months where growing for a while making small new heads but the problem looks like it’s pressing fast only thing I’m having a problem with is phosphate keeps rising going from around .5 after a water change then a week later up to 1.0 almost (in ppm) alk 8.3 stable salinity 1.025 stable I can find the calcium and mag when I get home ph is 8.3 stable tempature set at 79 but Vivosun Heater might not be stable enough what do y’all think ? Any other questions Every comment is highly appreciated !

9D20D15C-A7EA-4B98-962F-BA7A21D90CCC.jpeg

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About 2 months where growing for a while making small new heads but the problem looks like it’s pressing fast only thing I’m having a problem with is phosphate keeps rising going from around .5 after a water change then a week later up to 1.0 almost (in ppm) alk 8.3 stable salinity 1.025 stable I can find the calcium and mag when I get home ph is 8.3 stable tempature set at 79 but Vivosun Heater might not be stable enough what do y’all think ? Any other questions Every comment is highly appreciated !

9D20D15C-A7EA-4B98-962F-BA7A21D90CCC.jpeg

1ppm phosphates is high. What water are you using for water changes? How much are you feeding? Any skimmer?

OP
OP
Texasnanoreef345

Texasnanoreef345

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1ppm phosphates is high. What water are you using for water changes? How much are you feeding? Any skimmer?
No protein skimmer Aqua clear 70 on a 30 gallon just added sumpless ato that also surface skims and realized me phosphates where too high so threw a bag of chem I pure elite in there and haven’t tested the phosphate yet but I’m sure it’s gone down and I know that isn’t really the right way to bring it down but it was one of my only options maybe I did over feed the tank I like to spot feed the corals 2 times a week with reef roids plankton mysis and roe eggs

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No protein skimmer Aqua clear 70 on a 30 gallon just added sumpless ato that also surface skims and realized me phosphates where too high so threw a bag of chem I pure elite in there and haven’t tested the phosphate yet but I’m sure it’s gone down and I know that isn’t really the right way to bring it down but it was one of my only options maybe I did over feed the tank I like to spot feed the corals 2 times a week with reef roids plankton mysis and roe eggs

However you maintain your system, just make sure you are dealing with NO3/PO4 levels. Whatever level you see works for your system, stick with that. If you PO4 is that high, I'd imagine your NO3 is high as well.

Skimmerless with feeding and say in frequent water changes you will battle nutrients.

OP
OP
Texasnanoreef345

Texasnanoreef345

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
However you maintain your system, just make sure you are dealing with NO3/PO4 levels. Whatever level you see works for your system, stick with that. If you PO4 is that high, I'd imagine your NO3 is high as well.

Skimmerless with feeding and say in frequent water changes you will battle nutrients.
My tank is only 30 gallons how do y out suppose the best way I should export those nutrients I’ve been thinking of carbon dosing and I’m trying micro bactor 7 right now for the last week my phosphates are high and nitrates stay almost at 0 1-2 ppm every test I ordered phos correx by continuum but not sure that I want to dose stuff like that for the rest of the tanks life what’s a good steady way to export them that I’m not already doing ?

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is only 30 gallons how do y out suppose the best way I should export those nutrients I’ve been thinking of carbon dosing and I’m trying micro bactor 7 right now for the last week my phosphates are high and nitrates stay almost at 0 1-2 ppm every test I ordered phos correx by continuum but not sure that I want to dose stuff like that for the rest of the tanks life what’s a good steady way to export them that I’m not already doing ?

Frequent water changes. Maybe 5 gallons every 3 days until you get them under control. Stir the sand if you have any prior to water changes. Also spray the rocks.

MasterReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 29 gallon and the only filtration I use is the filter floss that I change every other day and a Phosphate sponge that I change once a month. My phosphates stay around 0.1 ppm. I had a skimmer but it was too loud for the Living room. I do an 8 gallon water change weekly or more if needed.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 13 18.8%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 46 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 5.8%
Back